I think it is not dandruff...

G

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that those pieces of white product we see in our hair, some hours after applying Rogaine, is not dandruff, but the Dried up minoxidil.

Am I right?

I have got a hardtime yesterday trying to remove that white product off my hair. But, yes, the dried up minoxidil creates itches, until you remove it form your scalp.

I think what exactly creates itches it the dried up minoxidil, that is blocking our pores. When I remove it, the itches go away.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's the propylene glycol.

The minoxidil is absorbed into your skin by the time the PPG dries.

Try the PPG formula.

G

how come nobody else ever said this? i see that all people say that they have dandruff due of minoxidil, but never ever heard that it's not dandruff, but the ppg? if i have never asked this, i would believe it was dandruff, since i have never ever seen people pointing this out. Damn.

i also heard the ppg free formula is not as effective as rogaine.

Hairlosstalk should include this information in his rogaine section.. his rogaine section is INCOMPLETE without this. otherwise all people will scare and think it's dandruff. because it looks liek that.

It's like this information is hidden and nobody talks about it. strange.

thanks for the answer Aplunk1.

misterium

Reaction score
I get this too.. I was thinking it was either dried-up unabsorbed PPG OR dead scalp tissue, but I now think it is the PPG.

It isn't dandruff for me, because I just don't have dandruff.. the only time in my life flakes ever existed on my head was when I started Rogaine last December.

I've become more acclimated to the PPG though, the first couple of months was itch hell city.. but it's been MUCH better lately.. the itching is basically gone, and the flaking isn't as bad.

I use T/Sal a couple times a week, and H&S almost daily.. it helps I think.

Trash

Reaction score
Guys i really got a BIG problem with the itches and the flakes (like its not just some unnoticed itch here and there but massive itching :( and a ton of flakes :( )... Doesnt seem to stop even though i m using nizoral..

anyone else has such a big prob too with theirs scalp ??

trying tricomin now what do you think ?

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The propylene glycol leaves a thick gluey layer on the scalp like dried resin, in my case. :freaked: :x :freaked:

Must search for a way to remove the PPG without damaging the scalp... :hairy:

G

wookiewannabe said:
Must search for a way to remove the PPG without damaging the scalp... :hairy:

hmmm, damaging the scalp??

I don't think you can damage your scalp when you remove the white layer.. Unless you use a knife.

It gets removed when we shampoo our scalp.

vade

Reaction score
i have this white thing in my hair too, but the thing is they arent completely removed after shower, cause after takin the shower i still see some small white pieces in my hair ...!!! does anyone know what removes it?? im sure its not dandruff either.