I think I'm Finally Ready to Take the Leap - Frontal FUE Candidate?

22goingon50

Reaction score
I've been on and off this forum for almost 7 years now. It's funny because my screen name is 22goingon50, but I'm almost 29 now and 50 doesn't seem that far away. Anyways!

Everyone always said to wait until you're at least 30. At 22, I never thought that would be a possibility but here I am! almost 30 and now seriously considering a hair transplant after next summer. If I move forward, I'm definitely going FUE but I am still unsure on a doctor (I have a few consultations scheduled). I know costs should not play a factor, but it's going to which means Europe is a strong possibility. It's a secondary factor, so I'm looking for the best surgeons and then the most affordable. My research is leading me to a few surgeons in Belgium.

I know it's very American for me to ask, but are the top surgeons in europe comparable to the top surgeons in the US?

Factoring in that I'm looking for costs to average around $4-$6.50 USD per graft, does anyone have surgeon recommendations I should reach out to for consults (US or Europe)?

I've been on generic propecia for about 6 years, on and off for years 2-4 but regularly for the last 2 years. I started losing hair when I was about 18 but it really hasn't affected me too much. I've managed to deal with it, but I feel it's time to get a hairline back. Nothing extreme, just a mature hairline. I estimate I'll need around 2500 grafts.

Am I a good FUE candidate and is my estimate of 2500 grafts in the ballpark? Pictures included - just got the sides and back buzzed down to a 3 guard.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Left Profile.jpg
    Left Profile.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Side Profile.jpg
    Side Profile.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg