I Think I May Have Discovered A Cure To My Androgenic Alopecia!!!!

goodbyehair52

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy but I seriously, 100% believe that I have temporarily managed to stop my hereditary male pattern baldness. I believe that I have achieved not by design, but by accident, as a result of changing my hormonal balance via body re-composition.

In 2016, my hairline had just begun receding, at the time I was unaware of this, but at the same time I decided to get into shape because I looked like sh*t. My face was very bloated and my bodyfat percentage was around 15% and I had no muscles, I was a skinny-fat guy at 23 years old. I started by putting on a lot of muscles for an entire year, I went really hard and made some pretty crazy gains, this spiked my testosterone and funny enough I upon my 2nd year of transformation, my baldness had started to accelerate much faster than what my brother experienced at my age. I went from norwood 1 to 2.5 in a very short time.
I started going insane, trying to find treatment online, looked up all research on dht and medication, but eventually decided it was not worth it and I was just instead going to be a bald guy with an nice body (as i expected to loose my hair like within 2 years based on the tempo of the hairloss). at this point I had already put on a bunch of muscle and was relatively lean apprx. 10% body fat. But then I had a change of thought, I decided i wanted to get more slim instead of bigger, this was impossible before I started working out as my body at the time couldnt sustain such low BF as i had no muscle and was already thin and weak. I switch direction and started cutting calories very drastically, I quite carbs entirely, lost about 6kg within 2 weeks went down to 7% bf that messed up my leptin levels and I regained the weight within 4 days. did it again after 3 weeks, but failed again. Now, I am cutting my third time, but with carbs and doing it slower this time. I have now managed to stabilize my weight at 7% bf, and ever since I have started a month ago, my hair loss has completely stopped. I believe that my heavy dieting has negatively affecting my hormonal balance, my testosterone has gone done drastically, and I believe it will stay down while i'm at this extreme level of bf%. i will report if it changes. I have even stopped worrying about my hairloss at the moment.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your whole "cure" relies on lowering testosterone? Do you see why many would not want to go down this path?

goodbyehair52

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your whole "cure" relies on lowering testosterone? Do you see why many would not want to go down this path?
I dont mind lowering my testosterone in natural way, for a couple of years, say 5-10. and then go back to normal and be bald when im 35-40. Though, I would not want to mess with propecia because that could actually mess up my body by blocking dht which my body needs.if my body dont need as much dht as inverse effect of a naturally lowered testosterone level, I believe the net result would be better health.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you stated, this is only a "cure" for you as it would really only make sense if you had elevated level of testosterone before which would result in overall more DHT. Now, the same would not work for many others as people bald even though they might have low testosterone as their follicles are extremely sensitive to androgens. Overall, it's not new information as lowering male hormones significantly has been known to halt or even reverse the balding process.

goodbyehair52

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you eating a lot of meat?
How would your test go down if you’re still lifting?
Hey there, I do not recommend doing what I did. it is insanely difficult, a bit dangerous and requires a lot of willpower and knowledge about macronutrion. Testosterone will go down regardless if you are lifting or not, whenever you go below your body's natural or comfortable level of body fat. It happens because your body is less concerned with reproduction and more interested in survival.

My hairloss has completely stopped at the moment, but the hormonal disruption i have caused is not worth it. The last 2 weeks I have had intermittent problems with insomnia and other health problems. I have regained my weight, trying to get my hormonal level back to normal again. Maybe there is someway to do it in a way so that the health problem I encountered are avoided, but I dont have the time or energy to get into that.
If anybody decides to go down this path, I would advice that you create a diet where you switch from high carb to low carb every other day while creating a calorie deficit of ca 100 kcal until you hit 7% body fat, and the continue on with the high carb low carb forever.
If you create too big calorie deficit you will mess up your leptin levels and regain the weight. if you avoid carbs completely you wont enough of an insulin spike to create the seratonin needed for you brain to convert to melatoin which induceses sleep, hence my insomnia. I think it is possible to stop your hairloss by going to an extreme body fat percentage. the problem is a) how to get there safely b) how to maintain it.
a) can possibly be solved by researching the stuff i mentioned above, b) can be solved intermittent fasting, though you want to make sure your resting heart rate is at a good level before getting into that too much, and you want to create schedule so that you get the insulin kick around 4-6 ish to get the right circardian rythm. if you are interested in more stuff about b) look up greg o'gallagher on youtube.
whatver you do, good luck.

also, study your omega 6 - omega 3 ratio. If you go crazy with omega 3 your hairloss will most likely significantly decrease. but your resting heart rate will most likely also progressively drop. this could be a good with or bad thing, depending on what it is already. for be it is bad as i am already very fit and dont want to develop bradycardia

Last edited:

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also, study your omega 6 - omega 3 ratio. If you go crazy with omega 3 your hairloss will most likely significantly decrease. but your resting heart rate will most likely also progressively drop. this could be a good with or bad thing, depending on what it is already. for be it is bad as i am already very fit and dont want to develop bradycardia

FWIW there's some evidence (that I've seen on this site and elsewhere) that at high enough doses, certain omega-3 fatty acids act as COX inhibitors like ibuprofen or aspirin, which inhibit prostaglandins in ways that are negative for hair growth. Careful megadosing that fish oil.

yess

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are all of you who workout go to the gym and lift hard, bro do street workout only bodyweight and you wont elevate your testosterone and youll have a nice cut body

INT

Reaction score
You don't want to use finasteride because it will f*** up your hormones but going down to 7% body fat for some years is ok for you? When are the Darwin awards this year? I think I found a nominee.