I Think I May Be Balding At The Age Of 18!?

ArthurAardvark

My Regimen
Reaction score
(The first two photos are before I washed my hair and the rest of the photos are after I washed my hair) What is that streak on the crown of my head in the first two photos? It sorta turns into a swirl after I wash my hair, so could it be cowlick or hair part? My hair is pretty thick all around.

I never take pictures of the crown of my head but I just noticed this. My father is 68 and he still has a full head of hair. The hairs on my crown usually tend to stand up so I don't know if I'm balding or if it's cowlick. I rarely see, if any, hairs on my pillow or when I brush my hair. Some hairs fall out when I wash my head but that's normal.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.JPG
    IMG_3599.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_3622.JPG
    IMG_3622.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_3632.JPG
    IMG_3632.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_3704.JPG
    IMG_3704.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3705.JPG
    IMG_3705.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_3706.JPG
    IMG_3706.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 380

Jackyo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat with the crown, but I think it's the way our hair parts. Did you take the first two pictures after laying down? I find that mine does that after I wake up or wear a hat. I also have thick hair. Now the front hairline I can't give my opinion on cause they're kind of bad pictures. I've learned that baldness doesn't menafest itself in a swirl. So if it dissaperes after you wash it I think you're fine. Keep an eye on it tho bro.

Jackyo

My Regimen
Reaction score
(The first two photos are before I washed my hair and the rest of the photos are after I washed my hair) What is that streak on the crown of my head in the first two photos? It sorta turns into a swirl after I wash my hair, so could it be cowlick or hair part? My hair is pretty thick all around.

I never take pictures of the crown of my head but I just noticed this. My father is 68 and he still has a full head of hair. The hairs on my crown usually tend to stand up so I don't know if I'm balding or if it's cowlick. I rarely see, if any, hairs on my pillow or when I brush my hair. Some hairs fall out when I wash my head but that's normal.
Also, try not to take the picture with flash, with darker hair and a lighter scalp it just makes things worse

ArthurAardvark

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat with the crown, but I think it's the way our hair parts. Did you take the first two pictures after laying down? I find that mine does that after I wake up or wear a hat. I also have thick hair. Now the front hairline I can't give my opinion on cause they're kind of bad pictures. I've learned that baldness doesn't menafest itself in a swirl. So if it dissaperes after you wash it I think you're fine. Keep an eye on it tho bro.

Thank you, that's relieving to hear. Yeah, I took the first two photos a couple of hours after waking up. It turned into a swirl after I washed my hair and the parting disappeared. Someone said that I may have diffuse thinning... Should I be worried?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible your crown has always looked like this. To be host I don't really see any signs of hair loss. Keep an eye on it in the future to be sure. For now, don't worry about it.

ArthurAardvark

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible your crown has always looked like this. To be host I don't really see any signs of hair loss. Keep an eye on it in the future to be sure. For now, don't worry about it.

Okay, thank you. My crown just looks like a swirl now (IMG_3698.JPG) after I washed my hair. Someone mentioned that I may have diffuse thinning. Should I be worried about that?

Jackyo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, that's relieving to hear. Yeah, I took the first two photos a couple of hours after waking up. It turned into a swirl after I washed my hair and the parting disappeared. Someone said that I may have diffuse thinning... Should I be worried?
What's diffuse thinking?

ArthurAardvark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning*

I actually don't entirely know but I think it's just when the hair starts to thin. For example, if you can pull out your hair really easily then it's thin. But my hair is thick so I don't think I need to worry anymore.

Jackyo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually don't entirely know but I think it's just when the hair starts to thin. For example, if you can pull out your hair really easily then it's thin. But my hair is thick so I don't think I need to worry anymore.
No I looked it up. It's when the crown thins only

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes man, it seems you are in the early stage of balding..you start to lose the crown and you hair line is recending. if i were you start 1 mg finasteride. first you attack the problem better is

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ArthurAardvark Diffuse thinning means that you're thinning all over your scalp. Like I said I don't see any real signs of hair loss so don't hop on treatment just yet. If your hair gets worse the coming months you can decide if you want to treat it or not. At that point you're still catching it early!