I think I had moderate improvement in ~5 months [pics]

asdfjkl

Reaction score
Been using minoxidil for > 1 year, finasteride for almost 5 months now. These pictures were taken in a bathroom in a gas station by my work. Tried to get the angles as consistent as possible. Keep in mind the hair on the right in these pictures is SHORTER than the pictures on the left.

In the left I have a 3# guard on the top, in the right I have a CLOSED #2 on top, which is basically a #1.5. Nothing crazy, but I think I've noticed a little more density and darkening in these 5 months. Am I imagining things?

top.jpg

Left Side
left_side.jpg

Right side
right_side.jpg

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
It does look slightly better than before, although just the fact that you haven't lost any more ground is a success in itself, so keep it up! They say results peak after 2 years of being on finasteride so there is still ample time for more regrowth to kick in.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like results to me ! Your hair looks similar to mine I also keep my hair at a 2 on top ... I'm on three months of finasteride and close to 4 months on min can't tell if I see results as my opinion on my hair changes weekly ... How were the first 3 months of your treatment did it get worse and then did you see results ?

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Now would be a really good time to add minoxidil. You might see an extreme change. Raz (from this forum) saw a little regrowth with finasteride alone, and after adding minoxidil it just exploded.

asdfjkl

Reaction score
looks like results to me ! Your hair looks similar to mine I also keep my hair at a 2 on top ... I'm on three months of finasteride and close to 4 months on min can't tell if I see results as my opinion on my hair changes weekly ... How were the first 3 months of your treatment did it get worse and then did you see results ?

Yeah I'm like you, the quality of my hair changes weekly IMO. First 3 months were little to no progress. I just happened to be taking pictures and noticed that I improved a little.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand the hair cut numbers thing, 3# guard is longer than a closed #2 / #1.5?

Basically I thought there may be some improvement, but it depends on the length of the hair really. For example, in the 1st picture, it looks like there's some thickening towards the top right of center, below the "swirl" of the crown of the head, but that could be just grown out a bit more.

asdfjkl

Reaction score
I don't understand the hair cut numbers thing, 3# guard is longer than a closed #2 / #1.5?

Basically I thought there may be some improvement, but it depends on the length of the hair really. For example, in the 1st picture, it looks like there's some thickening towards the top right of center, below the "swirl" of the crown of the head, but that could be just grown out a bit more.

Yeah, a #3 is longer than a #2, which is longer than a #1.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair definitely look better...darker and thicker. Definitely have not lost but difficult to say how much you might have gained.