I think I am turning into a lizard.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
So Ive been using 5% Rogaine for about three weeks now, mostly on my temple area. I dont know for sure if this is related but lately my skin, especially around my eyes and ears, has been ridiculously dry and flaky. It feels very scaly as well. Is this because of the Rogaine, and, if so, is there any way to stop these side effects?

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to have greasy skin until I started my regime. I am blaming the finasteride for it, but it might actually be the Regaine. My face isn't greasy any more.

It seems that quite a few people experience some kind of skin issue with minoxidil - puffiness, baggy eyes, dry skin etc - yet it's not a "known" side effect, or a reported one by Regaine/Rogaine.

K

kehcorpz

I would stop the Rogaine if I was you. From my own experience it will do more harm than good and could take 6 months + to recover. My skin was a wreck because of Rogaine and after 3 months i'm finally at a point where I'm happy and noticing a recovery.

There are those who are not affected by Rogaine in this manner, but there are those of us that are. You are showing signs that it will wreck havoc :D

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
[...] Is this because of the Rogaine, and, if so, is there any way to stop these side effects?

Yes, it's possible. I had the same problem.

I suggest you try the new foam, it's excellent and won't irritate your skin.