I Started The Big 3, But I'm Afraid It Might Be Too Late.

megatron1234

Reaction score
I'm confident that you will see results! Just don't abuse of the products. 1mg of finasteride daily is enough.
With minoxidil 1.5ml twice daily is enough. Are you using the 2% or 5% formula? Studies show better results with 5%

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5% minoxidil 1mg finasteride. Good for 2 year starter pack. You will be happy from the result i bet! :)

Reactions: Oro

Swimswiy

Reaction score
I take Proscar and cut it into 1/4, so it's 1.5mg finasteride, and I use the 5% Rogaine foam in the morning and before bed. I've only used the Nizoral a couple times, but I'm planning on using it about twice a week.

2 Questions:

I read that about 60% of men experience regrowth. Is that just from finasteride, or would the combo of the big 3 increase my chances for regrowth? Of course I dont expect dormant follicles to spring back to life, but what are the general statistics on men's hair thickening (follicles returning to their full potential) on the big 3? Ideally I'd love to see these tiny, blonde, thin hairs with tiny bulbs at the end go back to full. thick hairs. I would enjoy being able to style my hair in the front again! As of now it just grows short and thin.

Also, has anyone experienced testicular pain from Proscar? I've only been on it about a week, so maybe it's in my head, but I've noticed a slight ache in my testicles since being on it. It's off and on and completely beareable, so I'm not too worried. I'm just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not too late at all. There's some crazy success stories out there. You just need patience.

I have been on big 3 for 2 months with very good and improving results, but because of how slow hairs grows, it feels like i've been on it for 5 billion years. I get discouraged sometimes and think why can't I get a Pauly D hairline, then I realize it's only been 2 months and i've improved immensely for the that time frame ( I just look at my baseline pics to remind my self that), but still have a long way to go. The key is patience and consistency.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not too late. You've still got decent coverage. I'm sure you'll see good regrowth.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Yeah as long as the remaining hair follicles thicken I'll be fine. There are a LOT of small light hairs that aren't visible in that pic.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Not even 3 months in and I'm already seeing good results. Hair on top is thickening and scalp is becoming less visible, follicles thickening around the hairline, temples slightly thickening (less so on the right side). I'll post pics later. I'll also add i've experienced NO noticeable shedding. If anything my hair loss has been consistently less. I think its also worth noting I use a lot of rogaine, much more than is recommended. Only because I'm a sluggard who is paranoid of missing spots. I was through a 3 month supply on 1 1/2 months. NO sexual side effects from prosper whatsoever.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I smell success:) If you want some more motivation check out my thread (Peapoddy)in the success section.Keep it up !

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if you don't see results within a year stick with it you will improve..I was way worst off than you when I started..the ol horseshoe..and I've had significant regrowth..I now look thin ..but before I looked bald.so there ya go

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even 3 months in and I'm already seeing good results. Hair on top is thickening and scalp is becoming less visible, follicles thickening around the hairline, temples slightly thickening (less so on the right side). I'll post pics later. I'll also add i've experienced NO noticeable shedding. If anything my hair loss has been consistently less. I think its also worth noting I use a lot of rogaine, much more than is recommended. Only because I'm a sluggard who is paranoid of missing spots. I was through a 3 month supply on 1 1/2 months. NO sexual side effects from prosper whatsoever.

Do you have recently taken pics?

Swimswiy

Reaction score
0-eus-d3-241181a4c57cf3a5e95dadf33316c743.jpg
0-eus-d1-381fe362441f0d63e4c5f980d31de282.jpg

Swimswiy

Reaction score
My hair is holding at about where my last pics were (good results), but over the past week I've been shedding worse than I have in the year since I started. I've been told this could be due to the fact that its starting to get warmer out, plus I've been starting to work out extensively 5 days a week, plus altering my diet. Is it normal to shed HEAVILY after a successful year?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow great result ! you have regrown a lot of your crown! do you attribte most of your result from minoxidil or propecia ? no sides ?

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Not sure what to attribute it to honestly since I always took them both at once. Unfortunately I'm having a weird shed. It was on for about a week.... then off for about a week, now its back.

And nope, I had absolutely no side effects.

SammyB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Swimswiy,

Any update with your progress and any recent pics?
Great results by the way! I'm considering starting minoxidil.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
I had a bit of a shed and thinning so it's a bit thinner than it was in the last pics I posted. Still good process overall, but I experienced what I assume was a spring shed. The shed has stopped, so hopefully soon it will get back to the thickness I had in the last pics i posted.