I Started Invisalign Treatment For Teeth Today

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an upper and lower invisalign (obviously) and a pair of rubber bands due to issues with bite. It's expected to take ~18 months for my teeth converge, following which I will have to sometimes sleep with it at night. The cost will be ~$6,000, though insurance should cover half of that.

For those unfamiliar, invisalign is for teeth, providing both aesthetic and functional improvement to how your teeth are aligned. It's a more sanitary, more aesthetic alternative to braces. My understanding is that it is usually comparably effective, unless you have truly awful teeth. Mine weren't awful, they were pretty average.

It's also sensible to do as I live in the USA. Americans have higher standards for teeth typically, it's the norm in the USA for high school students to get braces or invisalign.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please keep us updated. I had braces when younger so my teeth are straight. However my bite is off and now my front teeth and starting to chip/wear because of this. I was recommended braces/invisalign to address this but I'm almost 32 so kind of adamant. Plus it's a ton of $ as my insurance has no ortho coverage.

Good luck

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend had awful teeth, like really bad by US standards, should have got braces when he was younger. Anyways he did this thing and it worked great for him. Very unnoticeable although he smokes and took them out ever time he smoked. They worked great, as good as real braces would in my opinion.

My teeth are def below us good standard but are quite good for someone who never got braces or anything. It's something I considered and decided against in my looksmax period. Good teeth can make a huge difference.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an upper and lower invisalign (obviously) and a pair of rubber bands due to issues with bite. It's expected to take ~18 months for my teeth converge, following which I will have to sometimes sleep with it at night. The cost will be ~$6,000, though insurance should cover half of that.

For those unfamiliar, invisalign is for teeth, providing both aesthetic and functional improvement to how your teeth are aligned. It's a more sanitary, more aesthetic alternative to braces. My understanding is that it is usually comparably effective, unless you have truly awful teeth. Mine weren't awful, they were pretty average.

It's also sensible to do as I live in the USA. Americans have higher standards for teeth typically, it's the norm in the USA for high school students to get braces or invisalign.
Are you going to do any before and after pics? - id be real interested to see how you get on. I looked at this ages ago but its pretty pricey. My teeth arent bad but I wouldnt mind straightening my bottom ones a wee bit. Im a bit jealous of a mate of mine who had some of the most crooked teeth I have ever seen, but after braces she has the most perfect smile out of anyone I know!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please keep us updated. I had braces when younger so my teeth are straight. However my bite is off and now my front teeth and starting to chip/wear because of this. I was recommended braces/invisalign to address this but I'm almost 32 so kind of adamant. Plus it's a ton of $ as my insurance has no ortho coverage.

Good luck

My friend had awful teeth, like really bad by US standards, should have got braces when he was younger. Anyways he did this thing and it worked great for him. Very unnoticeable although he smokes and took them out ever time he smoked. They worked great, as good as real braces would in my opinion.

My teeth are def below us good standard but are quite good for someone who never got braces or anything. It's something I considered and decided against in my looksmax period. Good teeth can make a huge difference.

Are you going to do any before and after pics? - id be real interested to see how you get on. I looked at this ages ago but its pretty pricey. My teeth arent bad but I wouldnt mind straightening my bottom ones a wee bit. Im a bit jealous of a mate of mine who had some of the most crooked teeth I have ever seen, but after braces she has the most perfect smile out of anyone I know!

I'm 33, the projection is for 12-18 months so I'll be around 35 when it's done. The projection model has my teeth improving but not becoming Hollywood perfect. Right now my two front teeth dominate my smile, at the end of the treatment it is expected that my smile will show more of the side front teeth and some of the bottom teeth. It will be better, not perfect. Separately from aesthetic concerns, my back teeth will be better aligned, which is better for chewing and reducing long-term damage.

It will cost ~$6,000, but I should get ~$3,000 back. Looks maxing is hard. What's a better investment, spending that money on laser eye surgery, a nose job, a hair transplant, invisalign, better clothes, or many sessions with a personal trainer? Nobody can truly break it down with a given budget, studies of aesthetics are not that advanced.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's may 11th so I switched to a different set of aligners ten minutes ago.

It's a little painful (3/10 on the pain scale), may be for a couple days, makes sense as it's a new orientation, I'll probably feel this every time I switch aligners.

StevenDex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds nice, a bit expansive though, Ive been seeing a lot of ads lately from Invisalign, well, keep us updated I may consider it in the future if its really worth it :D