I shaved my head to a 3mm (1/8") w/ PICS

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well,
In one of my hissy-fit mental breakdowns, I went to my bathroom sink to shave my head down to my usual #2, to make things a bit more clean cut.

I usually do this when I pull out a few hairs...

Anyway, I forgot that I left the 3mm (1/8") clip on (which I use to trim leg/arms, etc) and I started taking it off the sides...

Ooops, I took too much off. I accidentally took some off the top too, so I couldn't disguise it.

So now, I look like a f*****g hardcore marine, bald, of course.

It looks really bad. You can see that my entire scalp is brown (THANKS spironolactone!!!!) and it's covered in minoxidil flakes. HURRAY!

Plus, my skin is disgustingly white.

I'm taking work off for a couple days, and I might even quit my job.

I already dropped out of school this semester.

I f*****g hate my life. I'm so stupid.

There, I said it,
Goodnight everybody.

Frame00026.jpg

Frame00025.jpg

Frame00024.jpg

Frame00023.jpg

Frame00022.jpg

Believe me, it looks really bad in person.

Where am I now, on the Norwood scale? Have I graduated to Norwood 2?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Andy..

is the brown that you speak of just in the front?? I didnt know that spironolactone did that!?

anyway.. once the brown goes away maybe you should keep the hair short like that. once you get used to it you'll be happy as hell.

call off work for few days, but dont quit.. the brown will go away and your hair will grow out a lil bit.

dont do anything irrational..

jeffsss

Reaction score
oh, and your hairline looks thick as hell!!!!!!!!

receeded a little bit, but damn.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there really that much differenc between a 1 and a 2?its not like your hair was long before,it'll be back to a 2 in a fortnight

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did that a couple times and had to take a few days off school. Cuz It was all shiny and people would be looking at it. I hate that.

ryboy111

Reaction score
Andy

Check out this site. I think a lot of guys here including myself either suffer or have suffered from Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

http://www.bddcentral.com/desciption3.htm

Granted are baldness is not imagined but it's our preoccupation with it that is disturbing and damaging.

Take all the energy and time you spend worrying about and obsessing about your hair and channel it into something productive. Quiting work and school isn't going to make things easier. It will just give you more time to obsess about your hair. I encourage you to not hide in your home waiting for your hair to grow out but instead get out and let people look and stare. Most likely they could really careless and most if not all will think you look fine.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, get out and face the world, you'll feel better for it.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey, thanks guys.

I DID call into work today. I just can't do it.

It's really hard to get the spironolactone brown off my scalp... Damn it's hard.

I'm going to look like a freak when I go into work.

I really wish I wouldn't have made that small mistake of putting on a 3mm instead of my usual 6mm. I guess I'll have hair back in 1-2 weeks, but it really sucks.

As far as having BDD, I probably do have it. I looked into it... But I'm too scared to be diagnosed with another disorder. If I found out that I did, well, I would feel let down.

I'm failing in everything in my life, guys.

I dropped out of school. I missed work for the first time at my job today (They were very disappointed.). I am financially fucked now.

Yet I still hold hope that one day my hair will be better in the near future.

oneill21

Reaction score
i actually regularly cut my hair to 1/8th and was thinking of starting to use dr. lee's spironolactone cream- will it turn my scalp brown? what's up with that?

luke77

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you need psychological help. Not trying to be condescending - that's just my opinion. If you let your hair control your life you are going to have a crappy life, because chances are you are going to lose it sooner or later.

swishbish33

Reaction score
Aplunk --

To be honest, man, I don't think your hair looks bad at all in those pictures. You have my and my brother's hairline, and while I don't shave it, he does, and no one has ever commented on his hair being balding, and my family doesn't think either of us look like we are balding. It just looks like a mature hairline.

Buck up, buddy. It really, truly, doesn't look bad.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Really?

Thanks swishbish,
that really calms me down a lot to get a compliment.

swishbish33

Reaction score
Yeah, man. I know how you feel. I don't like my hairline either, but in the grand scheme, I have a great girlfriend, a great family, and people get along with me. Based on your posts on here in threads I've read, I would bet a chunk of change you are a nice guy that people get along with, too. And girls come and go until you find the right one, and really, the right one isn't going to give much of a damn if you are losing your hair. For the majority of men, it's just what happens as we age. In some cases, same with women. My grandma is losing her hair, has been for awhile.

The bottom line is this, and is usually the case in most things in the world: What one person thinks is bad, sucks, ugly, etc is guaranteed to be just the opposite to someone else.

Pob

Reaction score
Andy, I know you feel bad but you're hair will never look as bad to other people as it does to yourself. To me, it looks pretty damn fine. And every day it's going to look better as it grows back and the treatments kick in. Use this as a good time to get your scalp good and healthy. It's easier when it's short. Use some good conditioner products on it, and the MSM you're taking will speed up the growth dramatically.

I feel for you man, but don't quit your job. You're gonna get through this.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, to me Plunk´s hair is quite good. Majority of men above 25 don´t have as many hair coverage as you.

If it´s thinning, you just have to keep with treatments. Big 3 is quite good at thickening thin areas. I doubt you can recover your minimal NW1.5 recession, but.. who cares? as I said everybody has recession in some degree. There are women with hairlines higher than yours anyway.

When you feel treatments have kicked let your hair grow, stop shaving it. I did that and now I´m amazed at how good and thick is my hair compared with baseline, after one year treating it.

And, please, Andy, stop doing that hair-pulling nonsense. It´s ridiculous for a guy your age to have such low auto-discipline. No pun intended, but you´r not a kid peeing in bed or something, you´r supposed to have some control over your acts by now.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I'm glad that I got some positive feedback (I wasn't expecting this).

As far pulling out my hair goes, I've almost completely stopped it. I'm taking some anti-anxiety medication, Remeron, which supposedly helps people who pull out their hair. It's also making my think less about my hair, too.

The treatments appear to be working. Every once in a while I'll shed a couple hairs from the hairline, but at least I'm not shedding 40+ hairs a day like I used to on Propecia.

I guess I'll just have to sit and wait for the results to come in.

I plan on growing my hair out.

If the treatments in my regimen don't work out, then I'll get an FUE transplant.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish my hair would have looked that good when I cut it that short. I really screwed it up bad. So I know exactly what you are going through. So I vowed never to use my electric clippers again. I never have either. I go get my hair cut. If choose I also grow it long. I have had some problems with depression myself. But I found out if I did'nt let things get to me I'm alot
happier. I just say what the hell I made a mistake and don't dwell on it. That's what you need to do. I know alot of other people here will tell you the exact samething as I'm saying to you now. Your doing alot to keep your hair and everyone is giving you positive feedback here in this forum. With all the positive feedback you get positive results. Keep that positive in your head and through the negative into the trash can.

:hairy: :roll: :lol:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well, I finally went to work today.

I got so many comments, dude, what the f*** happened to your hair? What's all that brown sh*t?

It's a shampoo I got from a doctor. So anyway...

I got so many comments today.

It looks awful.

I dropped out of school, got a horrible paycheck, late on rent, late on everything...

f***, I don't think today could get any worse.

I have a feeling that God hates me. I really feel I'm being punished.