I Shaved My Head. No Pics. Some Surprising Observations.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
(I hope my double-posting from another forum is OK. Feel free to ban me, if not :)

I shaved my head a month ago, right around the time I got banned (at my request).

Here's what I noticed.

1. People pay attention to me A LOT more. It's like going from Joe Sixpack to the guy wearing a spacesuit.

2. Women often try to groom in the brief moment from when they see me to when they think I see them. It's like a compulsion or something. I'm not a mind reader. Maybe they think I'm hot, maybe they subconsciously worry about their hair when they see a bald guy. But I noticed this a LOT more after I shaved my head. (I'm definitely no model BTW)

3. Guys often "protect their women" when they see me. It's kind of freaky and even insulting. For example, a guy and a girl walk towards me. I see that they notice me. The guy puts his arm around the girl. If this happened once, I would think nothing of it, but after a while you notice a pattern. But this doesn't happen too often.

Another thing I noticed is that buzzed hair hides the fact that it's thinning. Mine's thinning pretty bad on top, but if I buzz it at 0 guard, you can see the stubble, but you don't notice that it's thinner on top. I don't know why.

Anyways, I don't know if this is useful to others, but I'm sticking with my shaved/buzzed look. If anyone has any thoughts on the body language, I'd like to hear them. I won't post pics. I'm very privacy-conscious.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly
I know that buzzing your head can have a strong effect on the way people look at you
But what you described is a bit extreme

Guys often "protect their women" when they see me.
Get a grip :d

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
(I hope my double-posting from another forum is OK. Feel free to ban me, if not :)

I shaved my head a month ago, right around the time I got banned (at my request).

Here's what I noticed.

1. People pay attention to me A LOT more. It's like going from Joe Sixpack to the guy wearing a spacesuit.

2. Women often try to groom in the brief moment from when they see me to when they think I see them. It's like a compulsion or something. I'm not a mind reader. Maybe they think I'm hot, maybe they subconsciously worry about their hair when they see a bald guy. But I noticed this a LOT more after I shaved my head. (I'm definitely no model BTW)

3. Guys often "protect their women" when they see me. It's kind of freaky and even insulting. For example, a guy and a girl walk towards me. I see that they notice me. The guy puts his arm around the girl. If this happened once, I would think nothing of it, but after a while you notice a pattern. But this doesn't happen too often.

Another thing I noticed is that buzzed hair hides the fact that it's thinning. Mine's thinning pretty bad on top, but if I buzz it at 0 guard, you can see the stubble, but you don't notice that it's thinner on top. I don't know why.

Anyways, I don't know if this is useful to others, but I'm sticking with my shaved/buzzed look. If anyone has any thoughts on the body language, I'd like to hear them. I won't post pics. I'm very privacy-conscious.

I have been buzzing my head closely for about 8 years because I don't really have an option. I don't think anyone looks at me funny because of it. At first I was very self-conscious about it, but I have gotten used to it now. It's a b**ch to have to look like that but hey, we don't get to choose everything in life. My features are kinda rugged, i got a strong jawline and kinda masculine face. That's why I feel that people think I'm a felon or neo-nazi or something. I have to compensate by wearing specific clothes like skinny jeans and stuff to not look like that.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
My reactions are not quite like yours but I do notice that people hold doors open for me and get out of my way etc. more readily. Do you really prefer a 0 guard all over to say a 0 guard on the back and sides and a 1 guard on the top?

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My reactions are not quite like yours but I do notice that people hold doors open for me and get out of my way etc. more readily. Do you really prefer a 0 guard all over to say a 0 guard on the back and sides and a 1 guard on the top?

My hairline is pretty bad also, like Jude Law's here:

Jude+Law+Jude+Law+Shows+Off+Odd+Hairline+yOpXcF5WW6xl.jpg

This is in ADDTION to the thinning of what's left. And it's not symmetric also. So if it's barely visible, I think it's optimal.

But I might try #1 or #2 on top. I saw some barber do it to hide the thinning in a YT video.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
:rolleyes: You are at least over 6' tall right?

185 cm = 6'1". My height hasn't changed though. Neither did my face. At least not for the better.

I have been buzzing my head closely for about 8 years because I don't really have an option. I don't think anyone looks at me funny because of it. At first I was very self-conscious about it, but I have gotten used to it now. It's a b**ch to have to look like that but hey, we don't get to choose everything in life. My features are kinda rugged, i got a strong jawline and kinda masculine face. That's why I feel that people think I'm a felon or neo-nazi or something. I have to compensate by wearing specific clothes like skinny jeans and stuff to not look like that.

I'm a bit muscly and a bit overweight. Not looking like a Nazi / felon has been something of a concern for me too, but I'm going with very dated regular fit jeans and a T-shirt for now. Any tips would be appreciated.

There are no actual Nazis / skinheads in my area, or at least I've never seen one in person. But people are like hyper-aware of "Nazis" and "alt right" due to the media right now, I think. It's one of the reasons I avoid polo shirts now. Apparently, it's "alt right" now.

Last edited:

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaved head/Buzz cut is always better than thin combover.

Absolutely. But I used to rock a baseball cap before often. So that's part of my "before" experience.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
... I think skinny jeans are effeminate and will ruin my "masculine" look. Something less dated than "regular fit" is on my to-do list though.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly
I know that buzzing your head can have a strong effect on the way people look at you
But what you described is a bit extreme

Get a grip :d

Regarding #2 (women grooming very quickly). I think most guys are probably just oblivious to this behavior. Well, it's intended to be hidden from them.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
... I think skinny jeans are effeminate and will ruin my "masculine" look. Something less dated than "regular fit" is on my to-do list though.

No no go with the skinny jeans. A masculine rugged look contrasted with something effeminate like skinny jeans, a thin necklace, a pink piece of clothing or an extravagant pair of boots is an excellent look.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no go with the skinny jeans. A masculine rugged look contrasted with something effeminate like skinny jeans, a thin necklace, a pink piece of clothing or an extravagant pair of boots is an excellent look.

Too much?

0e3fe774cb46e747a5b0357d7b0268bf--skinny-jeans.jpg