I Really Need Help,finasteride Side Effects

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,im new here and im seeking some help.

Im 23 years old and recently started taking propecia for hair loss treatment 1mg/day.I have taken the drug for 3 weeks and stopped taking it 2 weeks ago because my libido dropped.Week after stopping finasteride i developed constant aching pain in my testicles,wich would increase after ejaculation.I had ocassional(about 3 times) 5-10 second sharp pain in my testies while i was on medication,but this is diffrent.My balls hurt all the time,from mild to moderate pain pretty much constantly(it also increases after ejaculation).My balls also feel a lot warmer,almost hot sometimes.Libido kinda returned,but still not as much as before

Today has been worse however,pain seemed to increase(maybe because i masturbated 4 times?),and my balls are constatly changing position from low hanging(was norm before finasteride) to very high and pressed together,sort of resembeling walnut,and i have more urge to urinate than usual.I also suspect testicle shrinkage,but maybe im overthinking it.

Now,since i stopped taking finasteride for 2 weeks,should i be conserned?Im beyond terrified right now,i dont know what to think.Will it go away or am i stuck with it?

Please,if anybody has this situation,or knows somebody with it,could you tell me aboutmyour expirience?Did ache go away,and if yes,what time did it take?

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I BEG YOU SOMEBODY ANSWER

so i havent slept for 2 days.And right now i realised im fully impotent.Just like that.Masturbated 4 times at day and cant get even a slightest erection at night right now.I think im going to kill myself.Pain wont go away

g.i joey

Reaction score
Listen to me, you need to get a fucken grip man.

You're testicles change due to your environnement and the way you feel generally. If you're a nervous wreck, if it's too hot out, or if it's too cold out has an effect on how your nuts look. You also just came off a hormonw altering drug so expect your body to do some weird things you're not used to. 2 weeks is nothing, give it another 2 weeks and you'll be fine.

Btw masturbating 4 times a day for days straight is obviously gonna shoot ur libido and erection strength down. This alone shows how much you're over reacting, you jerked off 4 fucken times a day dude, you're fine lol.

Op, understand your anxiety and the fact that you need to get a grip is having an effect on how you feel. Yes you did suffer sides and yes they will get better, but you have to get a grip, your anxiety is causing more sides than the actual finasteride.

Distract yourself, stop paranoia masturbatinf and check back in in 2 weeks. I guarantee you'll be fine

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Omg calm your nipples dude, are you serious? How are you supposed to get an erection while being so frightened? Not possible. You are fine and side effects will disappear in a few days and now stop being such a pussy.

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers.Yes,i was freaked out yesterday a lot.I was at emergency room.My testicles have shrinked yesterday and today(not dramatically,but a few mm),i had a sleep and im still impotent.Pain seem to have dullen.

Now that im out of ER i have visit to urologist
scheduled.Im mostly calm now and i have absolutely zero libido and nothing can get my penis up.I hope that its temporary but i doubt it

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my side effects continued for 3 months after stopping propecia (ED, no libido). Relax dude, it will go back to normal. I know it is terrifying but there will be improvements.

Reactions: Oro

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,thanks ZenHead.Im glad that you have no sides now.Did you have side while on the drug or after stopping?

But yeah,i searched for post-finasteride syndrome and it appears that i maybe suffered "crash".Im not losing hope,i will give it a few months.

If i get better,lets play overwatch sometime,ok?:)

Last edited:

ShaneWarner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took only two pills of 1mg generic finistride and that sh*t effected my libido.No erection what so ever.I use topical minoxdil on my head 2 times since three months and its v good .. I wont use this finistrife again.Go for transplant instead of playin with fkn harmones

TerryTang

My Regimen
Reaction score
libido can come back within a week of quitting finasteride.. for me it took a few months...

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took only two pills of 1mg generic finistride and that sh*t effected my libido.No erection what so ever.I use topical minoxdil on my head 2 times since three months and its v good .. I wont use this finistrife again.Go for transplant instead of playin with fkn harmones

Hey,you dont need to worry.99.999% of the time this will go away in a week or two.Im on the other hand am probaly fucked hard.Still cant belive it.My friend took it for year,quit for month and started back without andy significant sides.I know transgender people who have taken it while on MtF hrt and still have sex life(they probably still suffer from some sort of ED,tho).And here i am,feel like almost winning a lottery.Only the prize is what it seems to me a death sentance.

Christ,almost word by word description of finasteride endocrine system crash from pfsfoundation is what happened to me.3rd day of complere impotence,just a rubbery limp penis hangin from my body not reacting to any form of stimulation,cant even get a 1% of erection.Balls still hurt,altho a lot lot less

Last edited:

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
libido can come back within a week of quitting finasteride.. for me it took a few months...

Describe your sides,please.

The deal is that while on drug i only suffered from lower libido.2 weeks after QUITING i have 0 libido and cmplete impotence

ShaneWarner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,you dont need to worry.99.999% of the time this will go away in a week or two.Im on the other hand am probaly fucked hard.Still cant belive it.My friend took it for year,quit for month and started back without andy significant sides.I know transgender people who have taken it while on MtF hrt and still have sex life(they probably still suffer from some sort of ED,tho).And here i am,feel like almost winning a lottery.Only the prize is what it seems to me a death sentance.

Christ,almost word by word description of finasteride endocrine system crash from pfsfoundation is what happened to me.3rd day of complere impotence,just a rubbery limp penis hangin from my body not reacting to any form of stimulation,cant even get a 1% of erection.Balls still hurt,altho a lot lot less

Yeah life seems so boring without getting erections.I have had only 2 pills of it and am 33.This sh*t is serious.Am curious these young guys in their early 20s use this drug? It will effect them seriously.

Mutaher Zawar Syed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used finasteride for a week. I noticed side effects Of shrinking of my testicles size and they became soft, also noticed pain. I stopped using finasteride after reading horror stories on internet after just a week of finasteride usage. When I stopped using finasteride, I noticed swelling in one of my testicles for almost a week, the swelling usually came and gone. Then after a week of stopping finasteride, I noticed decrease in hair loss. When I used to shower my hairs before using finasteride, I noticed approx 20 hairs loss. But after using finasteride, I used to notice maximum one hair loss during shower. For a month, there was no semen in ejaculation-dry orgasm. Then I recovered, my testicles became firm again. And After three months, I am totally recovered. Is it normal? Does it happen to everyone? I am thinking to start finasteride again due to its stopping hair loss. Should I?

donotdoubt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used finasteride for a week. I noticed side effects Of shrinking of my testicles size and they became soft, also noticed pain. I stopped using finasteride after reading horror stories on internet after just a week of finasteride usage. When I stopped using finasteride, I noticed swelling in one of my testicles for almost a week, the swelling usually came and gone. Then after a week of stopping finasteride, I noticed decrease in hair loss. When I used to shower my hairs before using finasteride, I noticed approx 20 hairs loss. But after using finasteride, I used to notice maximum one hair loss during shower. For a month, there was no semen in ejaculation-dry orgasm. Then I recovered, my testicles became firm again. And After three months, I am totally recovered. Is it normal? Does it happen to everyone? I am thinking to start finasteride again due to its stopping hair loss. Should I?

Ejaculate reduce is fairly common side from propecia.I wouldnt go back on it.I myself will probably have to suicide(?).My condition is terrible,i cant sleep more than 2 hours,testicles hurt,complete impotence,constant urges to urinate,cant focus,and i havent eaten anything since i made this thread.

I just pray to god that by some miracle ill recover in near time,because god knows i cant live like this

Edit:testicle pain in your case while using is also common.And how are you sure about testies shrinkage?Have you scanned them before and after?Might be just your anxiety talking

Oro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No,just no!!!!!!