I quit Minoxidil after just one use

Snorlax7323

My Regimen
Reaction score
I decide to quit Minoxidil after just ONE use yesterday, because I read a lot here about his terrible side effects, I'm going to suffer any shedding or side effects just for one unique use? I'm terryfied with the things that I read. Was 5% Minoxidil topical

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decide to quit Minoxidil after just ONE use yesterday, because I read a lot here about his terrible side effects, I'm going to suffer any shedding or side effects just for one unique use? I'm terryfing with the things that I read.
Thats actually a good decision. Was it oral or topical? Topical is more safer, oral is no doubt murdering your heart. There’s no ifs about it, it’s happening and you will notice it as you get older.

Snorlax7323

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats actually a good decision. Was it oral or topical? Topical is more safer, oral is no doubt murdering your heart. There’s no ifs about it, it’s happening and you will notice it as you get older.
Topical 5% Minoxidil :(

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical 5% Minoxidil :(

Don’t worry then, topical doesn’t go systemic, and whatever amount does is so little that most people don’t even notice any effects. People do micro needling because it’s a big molecule and doesn’t get into inner dermis easy.

I thought you had taken oral that’s why so worried. I think all of us have taken topical at one point or another, I did as well for a month. Loved the thick hair but absolutely hated my puffy face and the swelling/irritation to my eyes so I decided it’s just not for me.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes it's true millions of ppl die from minoxidil every day
If they did, its because they never followed the 3 rules.......

Make sure once its applied:

do not expose the scalp to light, especially sunlight, which will kill it;
do not let it come in contact with water;
and above all, never apply minoxidil after midnight.

JagKännerMigSkärd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decide to quit Minoxidil after just ONE use yesterday, because I read a lot here about his terrible side effects, I'm going to suffer any shedding or side effects just for one unique use? I'm terryfied with the things that I read. Was 5% Minoxidil topical
I've heard that Socrates died by drinking 5 mg of minoxidil

Hardekz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you say topical Minoxidil doesn’t go systemic, in my case it did. After 3 weeks I had terrible side effects, I had to stop (very tired, chest pain, woke up during night with heart beating very fast…). And then everything came back to normal…