I put a hair system behind my natural hairline

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @salmon123 ,
are you able to do sports with your hair system? and how long do you wear it before "re-glueing"?
Im in a very similar spot, heavy diffuse thinning with existing (diffuse) hair line.
Thanks!
Yes, I workout everyday and play sports. On top of that I sweat like crazy, never affects anything. I can get 3-4 weeks out of it, but I usually take off and attach every two weeks just to feel clean

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything required to transition? Does it look suspicious at some point?
Not really, I think it looks less suspicious. It’s very hard to tell that it’s a hair system because your front hairline looks so natural. If anything people will think you put fibers in

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the trickier part would be to match the density of hairline with the piece, but once that's been sorted if you want to expose the hairline and don't mind the surgery it could be a great option.
Yes, always get a lighter density piece to do this. Some of my friends who do this use fibers where the piece and hairline meet so there is no difference in density and it’s harder to detect lifting of fibers disguise it. Sprinkling fibers by the hairline takes 15 seconds a day rather than refluxing your hairline. Works for them

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think not. But it looks very hard to maintain by yourself, you have to match exactly the right place in the front otherwise it sucks

Like this
Personally I’ve used a hair system without my hairline and this method and it’s easier to maintain. You never have to worry about lifting at front hairline. When attaching, it’s easy see exactly where you have to put it since your hair makes a line where the hair system needs to be

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Not really, I think it looks less suspicious. It’s very hard to tell that it’s a hair system because your front hairline looks so natural. If anything people will think you put fibers in
It will take a year for it to grow, right? So will it look natural right away?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It will take a year for it to grow, right? So will it look natural right away?
I meant transition from system to a transplanted hairline plus system. What would it look like, if I just transplanted hair in fron of my hair system? Has anyone done this? Would people see anything? How long of a vacation would I need to transition to a transplanted hairline?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
You'd have to take a long vacation, months for decent growth, plus hair from the back can be darker so that might be noticeable to others.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Plus I'd assume you'll have to have a brushed back look because I'd imagine it would be very difficult to blend a piece into a relatively small hairline if you brushed it forward.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You'd have to take a long vacation, months for decent growth, plus hair from the back can be darker so that might be noticeable to others.
But if it's so gradual, why do I have to be stay away from society the whole time? Wouldn't it look natural because of the slowness? At first I'd just have a receded hairline with my hair system and then it would grow forward a bit thanks to the transplant. Why would it look weird? Aren't the crusts gone after a few days? Oh, I get it. Some hairs will stay full length and start growing right away. I would definitely have to shave them to the shorters at first.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this.
well it depends on how far back the hairline will go, take a look at the person in the 'hair system combined with transplant thread' where someone keeps thier hairline but places a system behind it.

Now it would be tricky to wear a piece behind that hairline that blended perfectly with the little hairline at the front when brushing it forward and it would look a little odd too, brushed back would be much easier. Also why would you want to go through surgery just for a hairline if you were just going to brush it forwards?

But if it's so gradual, why do I have to be stay away from society the whole time? Wouldn't it look natural because of the slowness? At first I'd just have a receded hairline with my hair system and then it would grow forward a bit thanks to the transplant. Why would it look weird? Aren't the crusts gone after a few days? Oh, I get it. Some hairs will stay full length and start growing right away. I would definitely have to shave them to the shorters at first.
Not really understanding. If you had a hair transplant you wouldn't be able to wear a piece over the grafts, now if you wore a piece behind the transplanted grafts and brushed it forward over the grafts then that would be ok, but it would be pretty hard to pull off as your piece would have to sit way back behind your transplanted hairline and all the hair brushed forward.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
well it depends on how far back the hairline will go, take a look at the person in the 'hair system combined with transplant thread' where someone keeps thier hairline but places a system behind it.

Now it would be tricky to wear a piece behind that hairline that blended perfectly with the little hairline at the front when brushing it forward and it would look a little odd too, brushed back would be much easier. Also why would you want to go through surgery just for a hairline if you were just going to brush it forwards?

Not really understanding. If you had a hair transplant you wouldn't be able to wear a piece over the grafts, now if you wore a piece behind the transplanted grafts and brushed it forward over the grafts then that would be ok, but it would be pretty hard to pull off as your piece would have to sit way back behind your transplanted hairline and all the hair brushed forward.

This person? I can't understand why it wouldn't look good brushed forward. Brushing forward is ofcourse not needed, because back looks so much better.

So hair slowly starts growing before the hair system. What's the problem? Hair grows so slowly anyway that it is very gradual and that should make the transition unnoticable. Why can't I continue with normal life right after the operation just like regular guys with hair transplants do?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

This person? I can't understand why it wouldn't look good brushed forward. Brushing forward is ofcourse not needed, because back looks so much better.

So hair slowly starts growing before the hair system. What's the problem? Hair grows so slowly anyway that it is very gradual and that should make the transition unnoticable. Why can't I continue with normal life right after the operation just like regular guys with hair transplants do?
No, the person on the thread I said, I cant explain it any better than I did previously. As for your 2nd point how would it look good with a piece sitting behind the transplanted hair line for a year before its grown out? Not sure you understand how transplants work. If your willing to have this kind of hair transplant I dont know how you could wear a piece until its grown to a decent length which would take months, then you could wear a piece behind it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No, the person on the thread I said, I cant explain it any better than I did previously. As for your 2nd point how would it look good with a piece sitting behind the transplanted hair line for a year before its grown out? Not sure you understand how transplants work. If your willing to have this kind of hair transplant I dont know how you could wear a piece until its grown to a decent length which would take months, then you could wear a piece behind it.
Okay, so basically it's impossible to do.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so basically it's impossible to do.
I wouldn't say impossible. if you had the hairline transplant you could then sit a hair system behind the transplanted area and brush the hair down over the transplanted area. I guess it would depend on many factors whether it could look good or not, shape of head, how high the piece would have to sit above the transplanted area etc,.....

I wear a hairline piece. I've often wondered if I could have a transplant and still wear. There's only 2 options that I can think of.

Have the transplant and don't lower the hairline too much so I still could wear a smaller hairline piece until the transplanted area grew in and then stop wearing the hairline piece.

Or take a year out (travelling for example)... have the transplant, don't wear, and wait for the new transplanted hair to grow.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
This looks good. How do you handle cutting the natural and transplanted hair in front of the hair system? Do you go to the hairdresser while wearing the system and ask her to cut the frontal hair only? Do you tell her why?