I put a hair system behind my natural hairline

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had pretty extreme diffuse thinning, but my hairline was intact. I put a hair system right behind the hairline and the results are amazing.

I was wearing before, but stopped wearing for a while because I was never satisfied with the hairline on systems.

Makes a huge difference and definitely recommend for anyone trying to go this route.

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats a great option for those with a strong hairline, plus anyone who might not have enough donor for a full hair transplant.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about those who are receding at the temples? Does it make sense to keep the hairline in the center, and then somehow fit a system behind it that also fills the temples?

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the pics

Attachments

• AECF3D68-5D1E-4396-8C36-A90311DECCEA.jpeg
    AECF3D68-5D1E-4396-8C36-A90311DECCEA.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 574
  • 64660B69-2927-4CFD-8EEF-EA2886EB8DAB.jpeg
    64660B69-2927-4CFD-8EEF-EA2886EB8DAB.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 578

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
My temple hair is thin, but I still put it behind those hairs. It just gives me peace of mind that I don’t have to worry about the hairline at all. There’s no lifting or retouching the hairline every week

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought about doing this myself but i have a high hairline and always been to chicken to shave behinf it, but i do look around and see quite a lot of men my age with high hairlines. Problem is once i shave thats it...unless i start wearing a hair for a couple of months until it grows back lol.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought about doing this myself but i have a high hairline and always been to chicken to shave behinf it, but i do look around and see quite a lot of men my age with high hairlines. Problem is once i shave thats it...unless i start wearing a hair for a couple of months until it grows back lol.
What do you do instead? Wear a frontal system?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It´s the gold standard for hair system. Go and let quite a few hairs transplate to the front and the system after that. There is a video on YT from Heydecke where they show the steps and the result

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It´s the gold standard for hair system. Go and let quite a few hairs transplate to the front and the system after that. There is a video on YT from Heydecke where they show the steps and the result
Is there anything required to transition? Does it look suspicious at some point?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think not. But it looks very hard to maintain by yourself, you have to match exactly the right place in the front otherwise it sucks

Like this
Why would it be very hard to get the hair system exactly to the right place? That's what we do all the time anyway.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it be very hard to get the hair system exactly to the right place? That's what we do all the time anyway.

For myself, it doesn´t matter if it´s 2-3 mm above or below the non existing hairline. For this kind of stuff, it is

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the trickier part would be to match the density of hairline with the piece, but once that's been sorted if you want to expose the hairline and don't mind the surgery it could be a great option.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would totally do this if I had a good hairline. However, since I will one day shave my head, when I quit the office life, I don’t want any transplant scars. The FUE dots are even pretty noticeable (in my opinion).

powerguy2012

Reaction score
I think not. But it looks very hard to maintain by yourself, you have to match exactly the right place in the front otherwise it sucks

Like this
My hair currently looks exactly like this guy. I been researching this method but notice mostly get the piece installed right above hairline even though he have enough hair till the midscalp or crown. why would they install a larger than needed area?

haudegen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @salmon123 ,
are you able to do sports with your hair system? and how long do you wear it before "re-glueing"?
Im in a very similar spot, heavy diffuse thinning with existing (diffuse) hair line.
Thanks!