I Never Shed Hair But Still Receeding. Will Minoxidil Cause Shedding If I Don't Normally Shed?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I mean is, whenever I'm in the shower or wash my hair, no hair shedding.

On the pillow, no hair shedding.

Would I be made to start shedding hair by taking minoxidil? I really wanna try it coz my left temple is receeding bad

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Would I be made to start shedding hair by taking minoxidil? I really wanna try it coz my left temple is receeding bad
you probably will shed, it’s a part of the process. You can keep your hair very short for a couple months until the hair grows back thicker in order to make the shedding less noticeable.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I started minoxidil in November 2018. No shed.
I am happy with my results. Never went back to my hair in my 20s (I'm 53) but stopped thinning and seemed to thicken actually.
6 months ago I switched to Minoxidilmax 6% with topical finasteride. That's when I really noticed improvement. Needling 1.5 once a week or 2 weeks.
I do get occasional mini sheds but nothing serious.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started minoxidil in November 2018. No shed.
I am happy with my results. Never went back to my hair in my 20s (I'm 53) but stopped thinning and seemed to thicken actually.
6 months ago I switched to Minoxidilmax 6% with topical finasteride. That's when I really noticed improvement. Needling 1.5 once a week or 2 weeks.
I do get occasional mini sheds but nothing serious.
are u on oral finasteride?