I need your help, please

Infinity95

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been noticing for a year now that my hairline is receding and that my temples might go bald really soon! Actually I'm still comfortable with how my hair looks at the moment but the fear that I might lose it in a few months/years is literally driving me insane! I went to two dermatologists and one of them told me that it's definitely not the typical "male" balding,so that I shouldn't worry about it and the other one just said that it looks like it and I should start a treatment!

I really need honest opinions from you guys and I would more than appreciate it! Also could you tell me where I am in the Norwood skala right now?

Here are some pics of my hair before I cut it down 2-3 weeks ago.

IMG_3210.jpg IMG_3214.jpgIMG_3215.jpg

here's a current pic with the new haircut

IMG_3771.jpg

it looks like it's balding on the this pic, doesn't it? Or is it "normal" that you can see one's scalp when you cut your hair that short (it's like 4-5mm right now I think). But then again my temples look like they're receding too.

One year ago (when I cut it short after a long time too)

IMG_6304.JPG

Also I feel like my temples are balding! Can anyone confirm that? I'm literally freaking out, I know there's worse in this life and I appreciate everything but this really bothers me. :ermm:

One last question: How are the chances that I'll lose my hair? My father and all his brothers are bald, his father therefore had a head full of hair! My mother's father had full hair and my uncles all have hair too, not as much as they used to but still tons of.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks to be about NW1.5. I'm not the best at reading the scale though.

hairlifted

Established Member
Reaction score
Its normal to see the scalp when its cut down low imo. Your hair in the 2 to 3 weeks before it got cut picture looks thick as hell to me. If youre that worried go to a dermatologist to see if they can confirm anything.

Infinity95

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. :)
I went to a dermatologist a few days ago and will see him again in a few weeks. We didn't really talk too long.

My scalp is very itchy every now and then, could that be a reason for hair loss too?

Infinity95

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted in this thread.

So last year around October I started taking finasteride for a couple of weeks but due to sides such as a decrease in libido, less sperm and a weird tingle in my genital area (lol I know), I stopped taking it.
I let my hair grew a little bit longer and stopped caring much about hair loss but now I cut them short again and you can totally see the bald and diffuse areas, which makes me kind of depressive again. I should focus on more important things but I can't, my hair is taking my time 24/7 and that annoys me.

I swore to myself to never take finasteride again but now I am really thinking about taking half a pill a day but I'm so scared of the sides + I'm also affraid that it will have zero impact on my hair, ugh.

Last year I took a full pill (1mg) every second day. I have no idea what to do. :unsure:

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
So last year around October I started taking finasteride for a couple of weeks but due to sides such as a decrease in libido, less sperm and a weird tingle in my genital area

Personally I would not have stopped taking finasteride if I got the sides you described, but that's just me.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I would not have stopped taking finasteride if I got the sides you described, but that's just me.

I'm always partial to a weird tingle in the genital area.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted in this thread.

So last year around October I started taking finasteride for a couple of weeks but due to sides such as a decrease in libido, less sperm and a weird tingle in my genital area (lol I know), I stopped taking it.
I let my hair grew a little bit longer and stopped caring much about hair loss but now I cut them short again and you can totally see the bald and diffuse areas, which makes me kind of depressive again. I should focus on more important things but I can't, my hair is taking my time 24/7 and that annoys me.

I swore to myself to never take finasteride again but now I am really thinking about taking half a pill a day but I'm so scared of the sides + I'm also affraid that it will have zero impact on my hair, ugh.

Last year I took a full pill (1mg) every second day. I have no idea what to do. :unsure:

Your hair loss looks extremely similar to mine when I started treating it. I didn't wanna go on Propecia and started with Minoxidil 5% twice a day religiously. It worked wonders for 6+ months, I got very satisfying results until that dreaded 24/7 itch started. Instead of trying a non PG version or other version of minoxidil I just quit altogether. Well it felt wonderful once I quit minoxidil,especially not putting that crap twice day... but 2.5 years later (now) I regret it so much, my hair is total crap. I'm now 1 month back on Propecia and will add Minoxidil soon again. Good luck to you!

Infinity95

Reaction score
I'm always partial to a weird tingle in the genital area.

I should have included that I also had a weird feeling in my stomach, it didn't really hurt but yeah, it felt kinda weird, dunno how to describe it. It definitely had something to do with finasteride because this and the tingle were happening at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Your hair loss looks extremely similar to mine when I started treating it. I didn't wanna go on Propecia and started with Minoxidil 5% twice a day religiously. It worked wonders for 6+ months, I got very satisfying results until that dreaded 24/7 itch started. Instead of trying a non PG version or other version of minoxidil I just quit altogether. Well it felt wonderful once I quit minoxidil,especially not putting that crap twice day... but 2.5 years later (now) I regret it so much, my hair is total crap. I'm now 1 month back on Propecia and will add Minoxidil soon again. Good luck to you!

Thanks, buddy. Just saw your pic on your site and your hair still looks great. Good luck to you too!

Infinity95

Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys I have a question. I want to start using RU but I am really bad at mixing all that stuff and have no idea how to do it myself. I read that this one (in the link) is a "finished" solution that is already mixed and that you can start applying it to your scalp without editing anything into it. Is that true? Sorry for that stupid question, I just don't know what else to do since I'm really affraid of using finasteride again at this moment.

http://www.thekaneshop.com/solutions-4.html

GoldiLoX

Reaction score
It's funny to me how I look at your hair man and think " what is this guy worried about It's barely noticeable. However I think we are all are own worse critics, and when it comes to the one of the few things that we guys have to show off our hair is our looks. It feel like it's gotten me ladies and even a certain amount of respect. I would have never realized how the bald guy I see here or there is feeling, thinking until I started getting some slight receding. I've never had confidence issues until now. It's bad, like keep me up at nights, and i'm sure more stress doesn't help. Its not terrible yet if I see someone else with serious receding hair line, I picture my hair being the equivalent. Yet when I look in the mirror its not good but not nearly as bad as I see it in my head.

Out of curiosity do any of you have this type of hair dysmorphia? Something equivalent to the super skinny girl that sees her self as fat or vice versa . I ask others and they say they don't see a big difference in my receding hair line , yet its messing with my head "no pun intended" unlike any thing else I've ever experienced. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to a full and thick quaffed.