I Need Your Help... Am I Balding? What Can I Do About It?

adefsgt

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20180104_085607.jpg
IMG_20180104_085604.jpg
IMG_20180104_085600.jpg
IMG_20180104_085556.jpg

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily, it might be your natural swirl. I doubt a dermatologist will suggest you anything, maybe minoxidil at best. Most dermos don't know sh*t about hair loss anyway. How old are you? Can you show us your hairline as well? If there's no sign of recession or you're 18- I'd suggest forgetting it for now and just monitor your hair every now and then. If it gets worse come back here for advice.
The photos don't have the best lighting but tbh what I see doesn't warrant treatment.
If it really worries you go for a trichoscopy at a doctor, they check your density with a magnifying lens, much more accurate than a bunch of internet nerds and a pic.

adefsgt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm turning 16 in March. I freaked out over this and I still have no idea what to think of it. I'm getting my hair cut soon, so I will post some better pictures when I do. Thank you all for your responses.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm turning 16 in March. I freaked out over this and I still have no idea what to think of it. I'm getting my hair cut soon, so I will post some better pictures when I do. Thank you all for your responses.

Listen to me you son of a b**ch. In the worst case scenario it's male pattern baldness. People who bark at you and say youre too young for finasteride. BULLSHIT.

I STARTED going bald at 16 and took finasteride soon after. It SAVED my hair.

Had I listened to all of the fear mongering I'd be bald now, just like the fear mongerers. So please, if it comes to that, don't let them scare you.

br1

Reaction score
It's not fear mongering. He needs to be sure it is male pattern baldness before getting into finasteride that will hinge his body development.

My son is 7 and has the same swirl... So, it COULD be just how your hair is. What you need to do is to monitor it (through pics) every 6 months or so, before making any decisions..

Just my 2 cents.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me you son of a b**ch. In the worst case scenario it's male pattern baldness. People who bark at you and say youre too young for finasteride. BULLSHIT.

I STARTED going bald at 16 and took finasteride soon after. It SAVED my hair.

Had I listened to all of the fear mongering I'd be bald now, just like the fear mongerers. So please, if it comes to that, don't let them scare you.
At what age did you start taking finasteride and how old are you now?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't hop on finasteride just yet. His body will still need the dht for the growing process. He can do quite well on minoxidil alone since it's only the back of the head where he's experiencing thinning. If anything add RU58841, so he's not affecting himself systematically.