I need your advice!

Kicken

Reaction score
Lately I’ve bin considering the Apollo Hair replacement solution, but im a bit sceptic, since I hardly hear any feedback from people using it.

Are they easy to spot?
Will all my friends burst into laughter when they see me with it?

I thought if I had one just covering my crown area it would be harder to recognise.
Its now or never! Please share your knowledge!

:(

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this 'apollo hair replacement'. But LOTS of guys end up unhappy with their 'hair systems'. And are out a buncha cash for their troubles. If you're past the point of treatment, you should try the shaved look first.

How long have you been losing, and how bad is your loss? Have you treid minoxidil, propecia or both? If your loss is just on the crown, is there enough thin hair there to use a cover-up like toppik or dermmatch?

Having a hair system attached to your exsisting hair may cause a larger balding area in the long run.

Don't do this "now or never" jive (is someone trying to sell you fast?), you should take your time and do lotsa research.

I've no experience with 'hair systems' so can't really answer Q's about them meself.

Hope all goes well.

G

It is so depressing just thicking about a rug. I hope it will never come to that for me.

Kicken

Reaction score
Well, I don’t think it’s that depressing as long as the rug looks realistic.
The pictures at the Apollo website sure looks convincing, but maybe their just manipulated in
Photoshop or something.

See for yourself:
http://www.apollohairsystems.com/gallerymen.html

For me using minoxidil for a year didn’t do me much good, I got a terrible itch in my crown are, and tiny blisters in my forehead. Now that’s depressing.

I tried the scalped look, but I got all kinds of negative remarks, so I decided to grow my hair again.

The reason I said “now or neverâ€, is because after I quite the minoxidil, the hairloss has speeded up fast, and I’ve lost a lot of hair in my crown area.

Maybe I would be happier with a transplant then the rug.
It sure isn’t easy to find the right solution.

Kicken

Reaction score
Well to me they look damn good.
It would be nice to get some honest answers from people that are using the Apollo solution.

Nobody out there?
:?

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
those look very good. some hair systems are easy to spot though. people at your work will start talking about it behind your back if you get "spotted". in my opinion, hair systems arent worth the cost, maintance, etc.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing those before and after pictures from your link makes me depressed man.. There's some guys their that look great when they have the system on, and absolutely sh*t when they have it off. Makes me wonder how bad i'm going to look when i go bald.

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
Kicken said:
Well, I don’t think it’s that depressing as long as the rug looks realistic.

I had a "rug" for one full year...it was the longest year of my life...even though the peice looked good most of the time..it was quite a departure in lifestyle...lot of time in front of mirror to make it look right. I was self-concious already with people looking at my balding scalp..now I had people looking at my peice and always wondering if they knew or not. I felt like a fraud and vain at the same time. I would rather be slick bald than ever wear a peice again. Terrible personal experience. BTW- You think the piece will last forever...humm..it falls apart and changes colors like anything will..and guess what...more and more cash "maintenance".
My experience...for what its worth. :wink: