I need your advice on how to approach a FRIEND w/ HAIRPIECE

jacks

Reaction score
I hope this message is well received by you. I am dating a wonderful woman but am quite bothered by her father's hair piece. It is something from the 80's and just screams at you when you look at him. I want to tell her OR her father somehow that there are newer solutions, better hair pieces, that have today's style and aren't so GD noticeable. We have never acknowledged that he wears hair so I know some feelings will be hurt if I mention it to my fiance. I just can't live looking at that thing for the rest of my life. Any advice on how to approach him without offending him? I hope some of you can be of help, thank you.

ADL

Reaction score
I wouldn't force it. Just wait till the time is right. Make sure you are alone with him. If it takes another year before the time seems right, so be it. It's not a matter of life and death. No need to start a family war over it.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a right to tell another person how to wear their hair (or lack of it). Leave him in his blissful ignorance, he's gotten this far with it.

beemark

Reaction score
I don't think you should say anything. It's really none of your business. He may love the way he looks and maybe your future mother-in-law does too. If HE decides to find something better, that's up to HIM and nobody else. I understand wanting to help him to look better, but if you want a good relationship with your future father-in-law, say nothing.

This is really a very minor issue and if you can't imagine dealing with it on a regular basis, then I wonder how you will handle more significant issues in the future.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
let it be

don't say anything

it kinda like wanting to tell someone that they are loosing their hair and their are tons of treatments to help it

you want to but it's probably better off left unsaid

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
do not try to be a smart ***.. best is not to say a thing

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
Simple.

Get the wonderful woman who is his daughter to speak to him about it - and make sure she doesn't mention you brought it up - he won't be offended if its from a family member.

the daughter probably already knows.