Reaction score
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4635.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG
hello everyone I am 18 years old and for the past year I've noticed thinning that started on the sides of my head and now it's started to affect my temple region now I've come to accept it's probably male pattern baldness I'd just like to know what Norwood is my hairline currently in and where it's soon to be headed in the next for months or even years thank you

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
A poll asking if you're NW3 or higher?

dude

You're NW1 still. Can't even tell from a glance if you've lost hair, would need to see some before pics to confirm thinning and recession

Just keep an eye on it. If it is thinning you can get a script for finasteride and most likely remain a fullhead for the next decade or two

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm a Norwood 1 then can someone please explain the thinning on the sides of my hair and the what looks like thin hairs around my temples and the dryness and flatness of my hair which used to never occur

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about it the thinning is excessive and I have a feeling it has to do with iron deficiency or to do with my thyroid but at the same time I feel it's more so male pattern baldness even tho male pattern baldness doesn't run through my family strong at all

Attachments

• IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,264
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,074

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I see your point. Your hairline may be "maturing", your hair is still thick which is good. People will argue vs whether a mature hairline is balding or not, most men DO bald veryyyy gradually over a life span. Some at faster rates than others, the good thing is that you caught it very early.

I wouldn't hop on any meds yet, keep an eye on it with pics every few months. Could very well be the extent of it for years so no need to jump the gun just yet.

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much I really didn't mean to make it seem like I was just coming here without any actual concern I probably should of chose better pictures in the first place... but anyways you say my hairline could just be "maturing" now I've read a lot about so called "maturing" hairlines and anything I've ever read it states that a Norwood 1.5-2 would be a "mature" hairline but doesn't mine seem like it's going to recede quite a bit more than that considering how deep the thinning is??? I honestly feel like I'm gonna be left with an island and I wear my hair long I always have my whole life and I just don't know how well long hair would look with just an island of hair

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much I really didn't mean to make it seem like I was just coming here without any actual concern I probably should of chose better pictures in the first place... but anyways you say my hairline could just be "maturing" now I've read a lot about so called "maturing" hairlines and anything I've ever read it states that a Norwood 1.5-2 would be a "mature" hairline but doesn't mine seem like it's going to recede quite a bit more than that considering how deep the thinning is??? I honestly feel like I'm gonna be left with an island and I wear my hair long I always have my whole life and I just don't know how well long hair would look with just an island of hair
Don't really see much recession, but I do see what you mean by thinning on the sides of your head. Unusual spot to start losing hair with male pattern baldness, so would recommend making an appointment with a derm to make sure your balding.

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have done as much research one can possibly to do as far as why the sides of my head are thinning and the two Main causes I have found that there's a possibility for is a thyroid disorder or an iron deficiency which as a young child I did have a very whack thyroid I had extensive testing and everything done and I was told my thyroid was definitely not normal but they never told me if it was under active or over active I was so young they wouldn't even treat it for me so I have a feeling that could be causing it but at the same time iron deficiencies run through my family like crazy but the only one who suffers from thinning from it is my cousin and she has thinning on the sides of her head and even her temples because of it so right now I don't know what it could be and trust me I would of done seen a derm but I don't have insurance and right now my job situation isn't that great

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I should show you guys some pictures of my hair wet and some pictures of my crown wet and dry so I did so maybe they will help a little more to help figure out what's going on

Attachments

• IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,689

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,638
  • IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • IMG_4702.JPG
    IMG_4702.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,346
  • IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_4710.JPG
    IMG_4710.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_4713.JPG
    IMG_4713.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • IMG_4714.JPG
    IMG_4714.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,367
  • IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,438

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is that even possible?? My hair is obviously thin in spots that it's shouldn't be though (temples and sides) of my head there has to be something going on am I right??

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it over the next 6 months, if it becomes worse than ur balding.
Also go get your thyroid situation checked out

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really think that my hairline will survive 6 months??? Right now it looks like to me and it could just be me that I'm already on my way towards a Norwood 3 by these pictures

Attachments

• IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,677
  • IMG_4754.JPG
    IMG_4754.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,638
  • IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 1,580
  • IMG_4756.JPG
    IMG_4756.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,594

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really think that my hairline will survive 6 months??? Right now it looks like to me and it could just be me that I'm already on my way towards a Norwood 3 by these pictures
Why are you letting part of your hair on your hairline fall to the side in these pics lol....take the same pics with your hair pulled back

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did it as a way to display where the thinning starts at my temples and where it ends because generally I honestly can't tell myself how deep the thinning is until I do that but say I did those the hair that I have hanging what Norwood would you say that would be??

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what these what look like holes in my hairline are???

Attachments

• IMG_4868.JPG
    IMG_4868.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,464