I Need Some Help To Clear My Mind And Get A More Objective View

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, at this point I have lost my mind trying to find out what to do.

From my research, there are only four things that are valuable for hair loss prevention:
Finasteride, dutasteride, RU and CB.

Now, as of someone who is a borderline NW1.5 I would like to keep my hair as it is.

That being said, I dove too hard into this topic (especially in quarantine because of all the void staying at home creates.) and pretty much nothing sounds sensible at this point.

To begin, I am not to keen on using finasteride, that being said I am not afraid and was on it several times orally and topically during self-quarantine.
However I was never on it for a long time to judge sides and/or the progression of hair loss. I would like to wait a little bit until I can get a baseline test to see my prior levels as a good reference.

From my understanding, topical still goes systemic to a non-negligible extend, therefore it didn't make any sense for me to use.

Coming to dutasteride, oral dutasteride doesn't make sense for the reasons I have stated above and topical may be promising due to its high molecular mass but it's early to judge.

CB is unfortunately very pricey for me. I have max 30 bucks to spare on hair loss prevention for it to be long term sustainable for me. Please note that I am not American and local currencies can make budgeting very different for the people all around the world. As a student, I can spare 30 USD max.

We are left with RU which makes the most sense for me, however I was diagnosed with heart issues prior to my adulthood which makes me concerned about the potential long term side effects of RU usage.

I already use minoxidil, nizoral and dermarolling but I doubt they will keep me going for long. Hence I am in a point where I am pretty much stuck mentally and economically.

Any input on my thoughts or any advice would be heavily appreciated as it gets very hard for me to actually stay objective.

Thanks.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, if you want peace of mind and objectivity the first thing you need to do is confirm you need to do anything at all. I can’t tell you the number of times someone posts something like you just did when they weren’t even losing hair to begin with.

As you are no doubt aware, the existing treatments for male pattern baldness are limited and lifetime commitments. You should only take them if you absolutely need to and if you’re comfortable committing to that permanently. Once you board this train you are stuck on it as they will only work if you take them continuously.

I understand you probably can’t afford to see a dermatologist so the best thing you can do is let people who have seen a sh*t load of male pattern baldness help you out. Post some pictures from when you were younger and a few from where you are now. Give family history and age. Those things will let us better help you.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, if you want peace of mind and objectivity the first thing you need to do is confirm you need to do anything at all. I can’t tell you the number of times someone posts something like you just did when they weren’t even losing hair to begin with.

As you are no doubt aware, the existing treatments for male pattern baldness are limited and lifetime commitments. You should only take them if you absolutely need to and if you’re comfortable committing to that permanently. Once you board this train you are stuck on it as they will only work if you take them continuously.

I understand you probably can’t afford to see a dermatologist so the best thing you can do is let people who have seen a sh*t load of male pattern baldness help you out. Post some pictures from when you were younger and a few from where you are now. Give family history and age. Those things will let us better help you.
I have pretty substantial temporal recession but my family is full of NW2-2.5s so I don't know. I am 21 for the reference, NW1-1.5 and losing hair since the age of 17