I Need Help About Which Glue To Use?

Dreamfall

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new here and I need help and suggestion which glue should I use and what do you think about Walker Ultra Hold Liquid Adhesive?

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi ultra hold was good for me but I use Davlyn Black now .I think they're similar in hold times however Davlyn is easier for me to clean .every scalp is different so try both and see

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on your base, they type of hold you need, etc. I am using French lace, I was doing an all-head bond (GhostbondXL), and it was a mess to clean up. I switched to tape for the perimeter and front, and use GhostBondXL for the hairline. The Walkers Ultrahold (3) did not do squat. Perhaps I did not correctly apply it, but it seemed to be a lot messier.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on your base, they type of hold you need, etc. I am using French lace, I was doing an all-head bond (GhostbondXL), and it was a mess to clean up. I switched to tape for the perimeter and front, and use GhostBondXL for the hairline. The Walkers Ultrahold (3) did not do squat. Perhaps I did not correctly apply it, but it seemed to be a lot messier.

I found the Walker ultra hold tape to be a little reactive with my skin and even whenit didn't, the hold was garbage

Dreamfall

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for replies and for advices. That glue I mention it in description says it holds 4 weeks.I want to know if this is holding so good that you can sleep with this, to running, gym,...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for replies and for advices. That glue I mention it in description says it holds 4 weeks.I want to know if this is holding so good that you can sleep with this, to running, gym,...

I have read the claims, and I have heard some guys on this site saying they get more than a month. It all depends on how your body reacts to the adhesive whether it's tape or glue.

You may need to try a bunch of glue, and or glue + tape combinations before you get the hold you need.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear all
I'm useing franch lace base system. And
I wear it for 1 week then cleaning it.
I need something glue for hairline.
what kind of glue would you recommend to me?
Ghonst bond XL or Davlyn Black ?
Thank you!
I have alcohol 99.1% , and french lace relase walkertape.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And one thing: I used schwarzkopf gliss kur total repair leave in conditioner , and i used/ use revlon equave instant beauty . The revalon is better for hair system. I love it.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I am using adhesive tape, is there any way I can when I ask the system on my head I still move to know the exact position can be adjusted before finally fixed?

Bald, sorry, what want to ask know exactly?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem. It is a bit involved, so I will write it down step by step.

You will need tape, glue if you use it for the hairline, and 99% alcohol in a spray bottle, 2 small pieces of tape.

1. Put tape on the system, making sure that you can peel the tape off the back, and front separately.

2. Prepare the scalp, no sweat, scalp protector, etc.

3. Mark the place on your forehead where your hairline starts (use template or the 3/4 finger method).

4. Put the system on your head, using the hairline mark as a guide, use a handheld mirror to make sure the back and sides are in place. This will help you remember (an extra step, but worth it, in my opinion).

5. Place the two tapes, on either side of your head, just after the halfway point, front to back, and about 3 cm above the edges on either side. Peel the paper of the tapes.

6. Spray the tapes lightly with the alcohol, and place the system back on your head, lightly, and then using the line in front, and mirror in the back, arrange the system so it fits, perfectly. You will have approximately 60 seconds before the glue starts to set on the tapes.

7. Once you have placed the system, press down on the areas with the two tapes. I usually wait about a minute before proceeding. If you find you made a mistake, you can spray the lace, and try again. This never happens to me, however.

8. I always start with the back.

Carefully, fold the system forward, peel off the paper backing from the tape, and roll the system over your scalp, making sure you put a bit of tension so you don't get any wrinkles, and press down on the system firmly.

9. Now fold the front of the system backward, and peel off the paper from the tape. Now, very gently, roll the system forward, with slight tension to avoid wrinkles, but not too much to stretch the lace, and go to low, and cover the line you drew.

10. If you use glue or glue/tape for the front, now would be the time to do that,

11. Finally, use whatever method you are accustomed to putting pressure on the whole system to get a good bond.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This works for me, every time.

Reactions: rme

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem. It is a bit involved, so I will write it down step by step.

You will need tape, glue if you use it for the hairline, and 99% alcohol in a spray bottle, 2 small pieces of tape.

1. Put tape on the system, making sure that you can peel the tape off the back, and front separately.

2. Prepare the scalp, no sweat, scalp protector, etc.

3. Mark the place on your forehead where your hairline starts (use template or the 3/4 finger method).

4. Put the system on your head, using the hairline mark as a guide, use a handheld mirror to make sure the back and sides are in place. This will help you remember (an extra step, but worth it, in my opinion).

5. Place the two tapes, on either side of your head, just after the halfway point, front to back, and about 3 cm above the edges on either side. Peel the paper of the tapes.

6. Spray the tapes lightly with the alcohol, and place the system back on your head, lightly, and then using the line in front, and mirror in the back, arrange the system so it fits, perfectly. You will have approximately 60 seconds before the glue starts to set on the tapes.

7. Once you have placed the system, press down on the areas with the two tapes. I usually wait about a minute before proceeding. If you find you made a mistake, you can spray the lace, and try again. This never happens to me, however.

8. I always start with the back.

Carefully, fold the system forward, peel off the paper backing from the tape, and roll the system over your scalp, making sure you put a bit of tension so you don't get any wrinkles, and press down on the system firmly.

9. Now fold the front of the system backward, and peel off the paper from the tape. Now, very gently, roll the system forward, with slight tension to avoid wrinkles, but not too much to stretch the lace, and go to low, and cover the line you drew.

10. If you use glue or glue/tape for the front, now would be the time to do that,

11. Finally, use whatever method you are accustomed to putting pressure on the whole system to get a good bond.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This works for me, every time.

Thank you.