i need clear answers!!!please

desperateDavid

Reaction score
ok
i am on 1.25 finasteride /day. i want to stop frontal thinning at the temples.
i was planning on going to duts. now i am reading 5m of finasteride / day is better??? for front. errr, i'm getting a little confused. what should i be taking to stop frontal thinning??? duts or finasteride????????

please help once again

cheers

CCS

Reaction score
either. At least go with dutasteride twice a week. i think the main thing for the front is linoleic acid and green tea extract capsules applied topically. Maybe even mix apply poly and grape seed extract capsules in with it.

that and the other stuff my site lists.

G

No dutasteride is better for the front as well because it blocks more DHT.

I'd go with dutasteride 0.5 mg a day 7 days a week. That will give you the maximum regrowth for your money I would say. 2.5 mg a day does regrow a bit more but that might n ot be safe. so i'd do 0.5 mg a day 7 days a week.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
college, your new advice now seems to be oleic acid and green tea extract?
On what basis?
is it better than spironolactone, prox-N, sods, minoxidil etc?

CCS

Reaction score
I just saw a study Bryan posted which Old Baldy re-dug up in the experimental section, which showed that the right kind of green tea extract is and extremely powerful AR blocker, and seemed to inhibit 5ar as well. The stuff could be much stronger than spironolactone, but I don't know what I should read into that one study, and am hoping Bryan will comment.

Keep the minoxidil, just mix stuff into it. Oleic acid is very cheap and may be good, but linoleic acid, 8x the price, is still very cheap at $44 for over a liter. I think we should make our minoxidil 20% linoleic acid and 10% oleic acid and add a capsule each of green tea extract, grapeseed extract, and apply poly, and maybe a few drops of camameal oil (an anti-inflamator) just because it is cheap. I'm going add other oils too, since they are high in stuff that might be helpful, and at the very least make may head smell very good, and are extremely cheap since they last so long.

i still want my borage seed fatty acids. That is where it is really at. But I'm dragging my feet on that with my other obligations, and want to get on the linoleic acid and oleic acid now since I can just buy them.

James_A

Reaction score
From what i have read, .1mg dutasteride. is aproximately effective as a 5mg finasteride pill.

.5mg dutasteride. is more effective.

nawlins99

Reaction score
lots of opinions on lots of threads and no one agrees...heres my story:1.25 mg of finasteride now and for the last 2-3 yrs, not much difference so im gonna try dutas...so, should i use .5 dutas per day or every other day? AND in this thread, are you all talking about doing finasteride and dutas together??? no, right?thanks

G

nawlins99 said:
lots of opinions on lots of threads and no one agrees...heres my story:1.25 mg of finasteride now and for the last 2-3 yrs, not much difference so im gonna try dutas...so, should i use .5 dutas per day or every other day? AND in this thread, are you all talking about doing finasteride and dutas together??? no, right?thanks

0.5 mg dutas per day. no finasteride.

there.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
0.5mg of dutasteride every 3 days is almost as effective and much safer. but its your choice!

G

MPBWarrior said:
0.5mg of dutasteride every 3 days is almost as effective and much safer. but its your choice!

it is not almost as effective. 0.5 mg of dutasteride every other day is close to being as effective and you can't say that it's much safer. You have no proof that 0.5 mg of dutasteride every day is unsafe. We have no evidence that it is unsafe. So to say that taking 0.5 mg of dutasteride every 3 days is safer than every day is disingenuous.

CCS

Reaction score
techprof said:
college, your new advice now seems to be oleic acid and green tea extract?
On what basis?
is it better than spironolactone, prox-N, sods, minoxidil etc?

SODs are good to. I'll buy those, later. For now I have SOD, the 32500 dalton natural copper peptide. I'm still using prox-N. I don't use spironolactone because I don't want it reacting with minoxidil, though I might find a way around that.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
College, would using dutas cause a shed on frontal hair if the frontal hair is transplanted hair?

CCS

Reaction score
no.

transplanted hair is safe. dutasteride should not cause sheds, but I don't understand shed either, since some people say they get them right when they start a regimen. I wonder if they start counting hairs then as well and discover they are losing 50-100 a day, and freek out, even though that is normal for non-male pattern baldness guys.

There has been speculation about dutasteride being weaker in front than finasteride is, but definitely not dutasteride causing hair loss. If it is weaker in front for some reason, it may be that the front hairs are more sensitive to a 100% testosterone increase than they are protected by the extra 8.5% drop in DHT levels. If this is the case, i think a topical anti-androgen in front would fix the problem. I'm using eucapil, but will switch to GTE soon, with DMSO and oleic acid and octyl salicylate and PG and ethanol as penetration enhancers, in a 50% water vehichle.