I need an advice to get a hair transplant

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm thinking of getting a hair transplant, and I'm scared of the failure and end up with a butchered head, so if anyone knows a good clinics in Turky or any country with a reasonable price.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on your budget but can’t go wrong with Keser, Asmed, AHD or cheaper but also good work, Asuman or Esma Serkan, both only do 1-2 patients a day

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on your budget but can’t go wrong with Keser, Asmed, AHD or cheaper but also good work, Asuman or Esma Serkan, both only do 1-2 patients a day
I like Erdogan's reputability and his price, but I don't want the the dense and bold kind of NW1 hairlines he does, I want a more conservative and natural NW2.

Do you know of any Turkish doctors who fit that description, and have comparable reputations and pricing?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like Erdogan's reputability and his price, but I don't want the the dense and bold kind of NW1 hairlines he does, I want a more conservative and natural NW2.

Do you know of any Turkish doctors who fit that description, and have comparable reputations and pricing?
I’m pretty sure they all can provide what you’re asking for. Check that site out and use google auto translate

bamaster

Reaction score
@Balding curse @roondog7984
I'm not sure if Erdogan works on patients any more. I thought it was technician led. At 2.5 Euro/graft there are better options. Dr. Keser is 3.5/graft. He's excellent but probably out of your budget.

Cheaper clinics I'd consider, FueCapilar is around 1/graft and only does 1-2 patients per day and only doctors work on you.
Dr. Bicer only does 1 per day, charges 1.5/graft with motorized extraction, has over 20 years experience.
I'd add Dr. Demirsoy (Armamed). He has a lot of great cases and is 1.25/graft.

For "all inclusive, one total price" packages, you could go to the very popular Dr. Cinik.

You can negotiate the density they are implanting. Dense packing is around 50 grafts/cm2. That said, you shouldn't expect mega-density in one procedure. I've never heard of anyone complaining of too much density. It is ALWAYS "could be more dense".

The hairline location is something you agree to. Better clinics with ethical doctors will advise conservative hairlines, especially for older patients. Some clinics are famous for aggressive hairlines, like Hair of Istanbul. They love straight, super low hairlines. What you want is naturalness. A doctor that only implants single-hair grafts designed with minor irregularity to make the hairline softer. The ugly hairlines you see are usually multi-grafts, in a straight line and with poor angles. Trash.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Erdogan works on patients any more. I thought it was technician led. At 2.5 Euro/graft there are better options. Dr. Keser is 3.5/graft. He's excellent but probably out of your budget.

Cheaper clinics I'd consider, FueCapilar is around 1/graft and only does 1-2 patients per day and only doctors work on you.
Dr. Bicer only does 1 per day, charges 1.5/graft with motorized extraction, has over 20 years experience.

For "all inclusive, one total price" packages, you could go to the very popular Dr. Cinik.

You can negotiate the density they are implanting. Dense packing is around 50 grafts/cm2. That said, you shouldn't expect mega-density in one procedure. I've never heard of anyone complaining of too much density. It is ALWAYS "could be more dense".

The hairline location is something you agree to. Better clinics with ethical doctors will advise conservative hairlines, especially for older patients. Some clinics are famous for aggressive hairlines, like Hair of Istanbul. They love straight, super low hairlines. What you want is naturalness. A doctor that only implants single-hair grafts designed with minor irregularity to make the hairline softer. The ugly hairlines you see are usually multi-grafts, in a straight line and with poor angles. Trash.
Do you mean "plugs" by multi-grafts? They can be dreadful if not done right but there's at least some evidence that grafts with more hairs per graft have higher "take" rates due to some type of cross-talk between new old and surrounding tissue. Apparently, more follicles provides a better coordination with the remaining follicles in terms of blood supply/division or some other "spooky" aspect.

It is similar to the hair plucking studies where if you pluck right, it appears possible to increase hair growth in a given amount of unspecified surface area. If one plucks outside this hair, it just has negative effects. Since the body generally doesn't repair scarred scalp tissue, my thought has been that the other follicles surrounding small scars, in essence, might thicken or take over the capillary supply since often scars that are quite apparent when one has a crew cut can be invisible once the hair grows out. Donor area hair perhaps also could act like this if healing is clean and neat.

I saw work over thirty years ago on an NW7 about 45 years of age, with no dupa nor diffuse thinning and very high fringe and he had juvenile hair in terms of look and it wasn't bad even if you went through it finely with a comb which I did but most/lots of clinics have a ringer that they bring in for presentations so be wary. Ask to see multiple patients live if possible and seek different opinions. Back in the day, they advertised in the sports section right above the massage therapy places for men, lol so it wasn't high-rent ad space. It fit right in with the cheesy Hair Club for Men and their ads always breathless: "I'm losing my hair and none of my buddies or my girlfriend even know it!" Eh, okay, sure. And you could even swim. Apparently lots of swimmers go bald because I often see that swimming angle touted. I don't wear my wig to swim in.

Anyway, afterwards that guy had great results, from milquetoast to at least okay looking, way back in the mid-80's, literally reversing the clock except for the hair line and these areas were always jagged until the mid-90's or so when they started doing micrografts at the hairline. The baby doll look was the hallmark to a certain extent of many, if not most transplants back then but I noticed in Ocean's 11 that Sinatra's hair look pretty darn good but he did have recession in front so maybe they only did the crown or maybe millionaires could always afford smaller grafts but in general, until the 90's, transplants often made balding people even more laughable and I had a friend in law school who had a terrible one that was just a comb-over in front. That's all he had donor hair for and it looked so bad that I couldn't look at it. Presumably, this doesn't happen anymore but except for frontal recession only in the temples or people with incredibly high and healthy fringe, I advise against them. It's still not the same psychologically and there's too much in both the present and the future that can go wrong.

I won't call it mutilation because there's a purpose to it but we are taking health tissue from one place creating a scar or at least a scar-line strip and moving it around for implantation over other healthy tissue that might be resurrected in the future via some future therapy but if there's only scar tissue left then that's not going to be an option. The areas removed might have improved with combination therapies. It's much more invasive than many people might think although not painful really. For most young guys thinking this is going to be a life-time solution, they might be disappointed and people who get transplants without using finasteride/duta are negligent in my viewpoint but so was I in not doing better background research. It was a lot harder getting good information in the olden days. You actually had to drive around and visit the places or you could just pick the closest one to you in the Metro area and hope.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean "plugs" by multi-grafts? They can be dreadful if not done right but there's at least some evidence that grafts with more hairs per graft have higher "take" rates due to some type of cross-talk between new old and surrounding tissue. Apparently, more follicles provides a better coordination with the remaining follicles in terms of blood supply/division or some other "spooky" aspect.

It is similar to the hair plucking studies where if you pluck right, it appears possible to increase hair growth in a given amount of unspecified surface area. If one plucks outside this hair, it just has negative effects. Since the body generally doesn't repair scarred scalp tissue, my thought has been that the other follicles surrounding small scars, in essence, might thicken or take over the capillary supply since often scars that are quite apparent when one has a crew cut can be invisible once the hair grows out. Donor area hair perhaps also could act like this if healing is clean and neat.

I saw work over thirty years ago on an NW7 about 45 years of age, with no dupa nor diffuse thinning and very high fringe and he had juvenile hair in terms of look and it wasn't bad even if you went through it finely with a comb which I did but most/lots of clinics have a ringer that they bring in for presentations so be wary. Ask to see multiple patients live if possible and seek different opinions. Back in the day, they advertised in the sports section right above the massage therapy places for men, lol so it wasn't high-rent ad space. It fit right in with the cheesy Hair Club for Men and their ads always breathless: "I'm losing my hair and none of my buddies or my girlfriend even know it!" Eh, okay, sure. And you could even swim. Apparently lots of swimmers go bald because I often see that swimming angle touted. I don't wear my wig to swim in.

Anyway, afterwards that guy had great results, from milquetoast to at least okay looking, way back in the mid-80's, literally reversing the clock except for the hair line and these areas were always jagged until the mid-90's or so when they started doing micrografts at the hairline. The baby doll look was the hallmark to a certain extent of many, if not most transplants back then but I noticed in Ocean's 11 that Sinatra's hair look pretty darn good but he did have recession in front so maybe they only did the crown or maybe millionaires could always afford smaller grafts but in general, until the 90's, transplants often made balding people even more laughable and I had a friend in law school who had a terrible one that was just a comb-over in front. That's all he had donor hair for and it looked so bad that I couldn't look at it. Presumably, this doesn't happen anymore but except for frontal recession only in the temples or people with incredibly high and healthy fringe, I advise against them. It's still not the same psychologically and there's too much in both the present and the future that can go wrong.

I won't call it mutilation because there's a purpose to it but we are taking health tissue from one place creating a scar or at least a scar-line strip and moving it around for implantation over other healthy tissue that might be resurrected in the future via some future therapy but if there's only scar tissue left then that's not going to be an option. The areas removed might have improved with combination therapies. It's much more invasive than many people might think although not painful really. For most young guys thinking this is going to be a life-time solution, they might be disappointed and people who get transplants without using finasteride/duta are negligent in my viewpoint but so was I in not doing better background research. It was a lot harder getting good information in the olden days. You actually had to drive around and visit the places or you could just pick the closest one to you in the Metro area and hope.
No offence Janey but what the hell are you talking about the 80’s for?.. we’ve moved on from the Bosley butcher shops. Nowadays we have skilled professionals in Turkey etc, that have perfected the art, with different techniques like DHI & Sapphire etc, which essentially make smaller more accurate incisions in the recipient area. Anyone reading your reply would think they’re going to end up like a Chucky doll.
The techniques are evolving and getting better every year, you should check out the Bulgarian dr Zarev, he can work wonders with Norwood 5,6,7.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence Janey but what the hell are you talking about the 80’s for?.. we’ve moved on from the Bosley butcher shops. Nowadays we have skilled professionals in Turkey etc, that have perfected the art, with different techniques like DHI & Sapphire etc, which essentially make smaller more accurate incisions in the recipient area. Anyone reading your reply would think they’re going to end up like a Chucky doll.
The techniques are evolving and getting better every year, you should check out the Bulgarian dr Zarev, he can work wonders with Norwood 5,6,7.
I still read accounts on here of horrible outcomes. Yes, if people spend lots of money and go to the Balkans or Turkey, apparently there are good results but many guys with diffuse thinning think that transplants are out there to save them so why bother with mundane daily treatments. Plus, people like me aren't welcome in Bulgaria or Turkey. You realize that Anatolia is not part of the European Community? Nothing in New Rochelle, NY or New Carrollton, MD or Raleigh, NC? What about guys who can't use finasteride or dutasteride? Many on here warn of disaster if such folks with diffuse thinning get a transplant and most successful candidate still won't be able to grow their hair long. My point about 30 years back and Sinatra probably is in accordance with what you say. There have always been great transplant results for people with decent doctors and decent side patterns.

I also have noted that people with only temple recession and good stable fringe can perhaps even restore a juvenile look which is the holy grail of hair treatments for me but a lot of the work is done more so to attenuate baldness and some guys want that. I think that scalp reductions and reverse flaps are happily not being done since Trump's bizarre work. Hey, the last two Presidents are transplant guys and you would think that they had enough money to get the best in the world. Biden's looked horrible for years, like grass growing in the parking lot, gray wiry grass, so those folks are still out there. Biden should try microneedling his whole scalp. Anyway, transplants are a tool and discussing them raises all of the good things about them and the limitations.

Best,
Janey

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still read accounts on here of horrible outcomes. Yes, if people spend lots of money and go to the Balkans or Turkey, apparently there are good results but many guys with diffuse thinning think that transplants are out there to save them so why bother with mundane daily treatments. Plus, people like me aren't welcome in Bulgaria or Turkey. You realize that Anatolia is not part of the European Community? Nothing in New Rochelle, NY or New Carrollton, MD or Raleigh, NC? What about guys who can't use finasteride or dutasteride? Many on here warn of disaster if such folks with diffuse thinning get a transplant and most successful candidate still won't be able to grow their hair long. My point about 30 years back and Sinatra probably is in accordance with what you say. There have always been great transplant results for people with decent doctors and decent side patterns.

I also have noted that people with only temple recession and good stable fringe can perhaps even restore a juvenile look which is the holy grail of hair treatments for me but a lot of the work is done more so to attenuate baldness and some guys want that. I think that scalp reductions and reverse flaps are happily not being done since Trump's bizarre work. Hey, the last two Presidents are transplant guys and you would think that they had enough money to get the best in the world. Biden's looked horrible for years, like grass growing in the parking lot, gray wiry grass, so those folks are still out there. Biden should try microneedling his whole scalp. Anyway, transplants are a tool and discussing them raises all of the good things about them and the limitations.

Best,
Janey
Well if you call £2500 for a life changing treatment, lots of money. People like you? I’m sure you’ll be ok and not prancing around doing cartwheels drawing attention to yourself. I agree maintenance with whatever is needed to protect your native hair. Isn’t Joe Biden nearly 80 years of age, I’m sure 95% of men will have candy floss hair by then, but hopefully you’ll have lived a fruitful, memorable, life with no regrets by then.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you call £2500 for a life changing treatment, lots of money. People like you? I’m sure you’ll be ok and not prancing around doing cartwheels drawing attention to yourself. I agree maintenance with whatever is needed to protect your native hair. Isn’t Joe Biden nearly 80 years of age, I’m sure 95% of men will have candy floss hair by then, but hopefully you’ll have lived a fruitful, memorable, life with no regrets by then.
Eh. There's a lot to be said for being able to do cartwheels at 56 and I don't know why you see my answer as even being in opposition to yours. If someone can get a whole head done for L2,500, sorry I don't have a fancy L-looking thing on my keyboad--why don't they use Lb, short for the Latin libra, or pound, by the way? Anyway, yeah that's only like 3,000 in regular money and I think I paid that easily back in the day so nope, that's not expensive. I thought people were quoting $20,000 for the best work nowadays but again Turkey and Bulgaria probably have economics where things are cheaper. I just ain't going to Turkey since I use cannabis and trust me, having seen Midnight Express, I am not emerging alive from any Turkish prison. I love their smokes though but I just can't get over the loss of Troy. That was pretty much the beginning of western culture, and home of Aeneas, a hero of mine, founder of Rome, and now, it's just a place to get hair transplants while you drink strong coffee and try to keep men away who are obsessed with eunuchs, historically at least.

Peace and hair to all she says<winks>

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh. There's a lot to be said for being able to do cartwheels at 56 and I don't know why you see my answer as even being in opposition to yours. If someone can get a whole head done for L2,500, sorry I don't have a fancy L-looking thing on my keyboad--why don't they use Lb, short for the Latin libra, or pound, by the way? Anyway, yeah that's only like 3,000 in regular money and I think I paid that easily back in the day so nope, that's not expensive. I thought people were quoting $20,000 for the best work nowadays but again Turkey and Bulgaria probably have economics where things are cheaper. I just ain't going to Turkey since I use cannabis and trust me, having seen Midnight Express, I am not emerging alive from any Turkish prison. I love their smokes though but I just can't get over the loss of Troy. That was pretty much the beginning of western culture, and home of Aeneas, a hero of mine, founder of Rome, and now, it's just a place to get hair transplants while you drink strong coffee and try to keep men away who are obsessed with eunuchs, historically at least.

Peace and hair to all she says<winks>
Actually it’s €2500.. about £2100 in GBP.. so very doable. Anyway good luck on your journey, we don’t come back for an encore. ;)

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score

Very helpful, thank you.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually it’s €2500.. about £2100 in GBP.. so very doable. Anyway good luck on your journey, we don’t come back for an encore. ;)
Life starts or it can, at 55 and I aim to double that before I sleep. I am back into this thing, called life:)