I need advice...

Goingat20

Reaction score
your hair looks fine to me. Thick and healthy...

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
so let me get this straight..you tried your best to cover up the thinning spot and then posted the pictures here for an analysis. very smart.

first of all, dont even joke around about suicide...

second..you need to take proper pics before anybody here can help with a diagnosis. you have long hair which makes this even harder, but i'd suggest slicking your hair back..or at least parting it different ways so the spot you're talking about is visable. AND...you need to take these pictures in PROPER lighting! when your hair is DRY AND WET. and focus on the spot.

third..even if this is Male pattern baldness...you've got lots and lots of hair and you'd have a perfectly great chance of maintaining if not even regrowing some back with drugs such as propecia or a topical such as rogaine.

is your hair regrowing any thinner with every cycle?

i'd advice you to other take pictures again or goto a derm.

you need to relax, even if its male pattern baldness...you can start off on propecia, rogaine and nizoral shampoo..

if money is a problem you can buy the generics which work just as well and are really cheap..

best of luck..

irhxcbcziuzxs

Reaction score
right, everything seems to be thick, except for the area right in the middle in the front size of a quarter dollar.. its thin, where you see my part, its mainly thin in the part middle area, i used to spray lots of spray wax there, and hairspray... and well i basically doused the area with wax and spray.. .. theres no receeding, just thin in that area and it wont co-operate.. baldness does run in my family, but no one in my family ever lost it from the middle..

irhxcbcziuzxs

Reaction score
Sir_LagaLot said:
so let me get this straight..you tried your best to cover up the thinning spot and then posted the pictures here for an analysis. very smart.

first of all, dont even joke around about suicide...

second..you need to take proper pics before anybody here can help with a diagnosis. you have long hair which makes this even harder, but i'd suggest slicking your hair back..or at least parting it different ways so the spot you're talking about is visable. AND...you need to take these pictures in PROPER lighting! when your hair is DRY AND WET. and focus on the spot.

third..even if this is Male pattern baldness...you've got lots and lots of hair and you'd have a perfectly great chance of maintaining if not even regrowing some back with drugs such as propecia or a topical such as rogaine.

is your hair regrowing any thinner with every cycle?

i'd advice you to other take pictures again or goto a derm.

you need to relax, even if its male pattern baldness...you can start off on propecia, rogaine and nizoral shampoo..

if money is a problem you can buy the generics which work just as well and are really cheap..

best of luck..

just the most recent pics i had laying around.. wasnt trying to do anything..

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness does start from the vertex or temples or frontal. you dont necessarily have to follow the same pattern as your immediate family.

read up on alopecia areata where hairloss occurs in small patches.

after that take pics and post again.

you've caught it really early i'd say and you have a great chance of maintaing what you have at the moment .

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
your hairline is perfect. your hair seem healthy.
i cant make out if you've receded at the temples as they're covered with your hair.

youre thinning in exactly the same area as i was in the beginnnig..then it spread more towards the mid scalp and the front.

i'd get a second opinion. male pattern baldness does start from where you're thinning.

whatever you do, you've got quite alot of hair, so i'd suggest you start on it right away. have your temples receded?...do you feel your hair have grown back thinner at all?..or does your hair seem to have the same diameter as maybe 1 - 2 years back?

returnoftheshedi

Established Member
Reaction score
irhxcbcziuzxs said:
it took me a long time to get where i was even close to happy with myself
all of high school till now, and yes, most of it is because of my hair...

[/img]

SDguy

Reaction score
A few suggestions

Hey man,
Like you I have a lot of hair, and nobody really noticed but me that my hair seems thinner. Regardless, I started a regimen a year ago and don't regret it at all. All you have to lose is money. I would start on the usual regimen (propecia, minoxidil, and use nizoral and tgel shampoo). Since you like to style your hair, stick to minoxidil just at night, because its a real pain in the morning (for me anyway, it fucks up my curly hair).
you have at least a 90% chance in mantaining or regrowing hair, so don't freak out.
I would reccomend LAYING OFF the mass amounts of hair spray and wax. This could be a problem of messing with your scalp and hair too much.
The recovery takes time, so don't analyze things every day. I wasted a good 6 months of my life looking in the mirror too much.
Hope this helps.

irhxcbcziuzxs

Reaction score
yes, that is what i said, i was really obese in high school, i didnt fit in anywhere, i didnt have any fashion.. i was a nerd, I grew my hair out, and my confidence changed .. lost some weight, still working on that. I feel like i belong, im a musician.. i may sound ..arrogant here, but looks do matter now days when it comes to music at least in my line

My chemical Romance
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/rm/stream. ... ena_Hi.ram

From First To Last
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2677931
click watch now

well, im going to try to get my hair cut today, my bangs are way too long, and i think it could be that blonde streak that did it to my hair, my hair is actually all the way around that "thin" i just have alot of thin hair.. my temples are fine

G

Hey, I started losing hair in the same area as you. It hit me like a brick when i found out that day. That thinning part... BUT, I immediately got onto Finasteride(Propecia/Proscar) and today my thinning area has gotten boosted up and i'm probably about 95% recovered. The first year is a b**ch, but ride it out and assess your progress after a FULL YEAR. Hold off on the rogaine for now.

nynyc

Reaction score
same situation

hey man. i hear you, seriously. i'm also a musician and being on stage with the extra eyes is tough.

things are though - it may work it may not. i started thinning just as you did and it has spread more over the top of my head. i started using propecia 1 1/2 years ago and it hasn't done anything. my dermatologist simply said "sorry, i wish there was more i can give you than propecia, but that's it." so now it's just a matter of getting used to it and accepting it.

hard, most definitely. but that's the only real "cure" i believe.

irhxcbcziuzxs

Reaction score
the lady who just cut my hair, said i was in fact thinning...
if this is true, ive lost everything
... took me 21 years to become even close to happy with who i am
now it has to start all over again. I guess ill have to go off my personality, im fucked...

irhxcbcziuzxs

Reaction score
im still hoping its from being over-dyed.. and using too much product... .. yep... id set up an appointment with a derma, but hed probably lie to me to sell me products...

G

irhxcbcziuzxs said:
im still hoping its from being over-dyed.. and using too much product... .. yep... id set up an appointment with a derma, but hed probably lie to me to sell me products...

I don't want to burst your bubble, but it does appear to me that you are in fact thinning. You're pattern is very similar to mine. When I first noticed it I was in denial thinking it was too much gel or wearing a beanie. Then I sheded shortly after, which freaked me out. Got on Propecia a month later, and now almost two years later I'm happy with my results.