I Need A Haircut So Bad! (very Scared)

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22 and my temples are starting to recede and i'm also experiencing thinning.

My hair is getting so long and looks messy but i'm so scared to get a haircut.

The problem is if i cut it short then everyone will see my receding hairline. it sucks.

On days it's windy i literally walk with my head down all day.

My hair is kinda like this:
harry-styles-hair-363553.jpg

maybe not as messy and long/thick at the front
but i style it so it hides my hairline :(

this is a good example

louis tomilson

hairline:

louis-tomlinson-baby-ex.jpg

how he '"hides it"

:

louis-tomlinson-tattoo.jpg

this is what i try and do ^^^

:'(

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I do the same. I have my barber fade the side 1-2 guard. Then leave an inch and a half or so on top and do sorta a comb over style at the temples/comb it forward around the temples. It covers it a bit.

Good luck.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm with you man.
Im planning on getting a trim this coming weekend and Im getting a little anxious about it.
I get my hair cut about every 2-3 months. I usually keep some length on top for coverage. About 2-3 months after I get it cut, it just needs cleaning up a bit. But the length that I keep can also cover up any hairloss that I may have experienced between cuts.

So I'm always a little frightened to get haircuts. Usually, I walk out with a sigh of relief because it hasn't been that bad. But this upcoming haircut is worrying me because my thinning and receding seems a little more pronounced. So I will only be able to tell after the cut.
I'm just gonna tell my barber to go easy. Only about an 1/8th of an inch trim on top and shorter on the sides.

I need the length for coverage. If it's too short, I'm screwed.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is if your hair is thinned out in a area or receded, trying to cover it up half the time honestly looks bad. It'll lack the same volume as areas with normal hair density, it may even look like a bad attempt on covering it some days. Not saying it'll be the case but it can happen everyone has bad hair days.

When hair is shorter it blends in easier with the areas that's thinning. Its just a fact hence why everyone gives the advice shorter is generally better. You can pull off longer hair but take into account what sort of hairstyle flatters you based on head shape etc.

Example the person in the first photo, I know he recently got it cut short since someone here posted that photo and a video of him having shorter hair and he looked 10x better. Person in the second photo his hairline isn't even that bad.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Getting hair cuts is pretty much mandatory. Wouldnt you rather face a problem head on versus running away from it? Burying your head in the sand isnt going to regrow your hair or stop it from getting worse. All you can do is confront it by using what exists today - minoxidil/propecia. Both are better then nothing

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never realized how receded that other guy of One Direction's hairline was holy sh*t