I made another template!

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline is so messed up, when I shave my head, you can see a dark shadow of whats left of my majorly receeding hairline(norwood5), its horrible when I look in the mirror.
I look and feel so much younger than what my hairline gives me credit for. Before I use to think I would get my hair replaced and get a lot of women, but now I want to do this for me, I just like having hair. So I made another template to send off and Im at the old waitng for a hairpiece deal lol, any encouragements and sarcasms are invited, I just never thought Id feel so insecure again. Has this happened to anybody else on here, feeling insecure after your first hairpiece wore out.
This time I got the specs correct, thanks to some of your suggestions and advice I will get my piece straight and wavy like the rest of my hair with less density and a shorter hairstyle, I will post pics after I get my hairpieces.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my last hairstyle, horrible lol!

Attachments

• 2009-09-29-57877.jpg
    2009-09-29-57877.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 231

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
As short as you can possibly go without giving away that it's a piece.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Jokerman said:
As short as you can possibly go without giving away that it's a piece.

Hey Jokerman I have questions, should I have my hairline more receeded,
and what are some dead giveaways that I am wearing a hairpiece.
Please be as honest(and brutal lol) as possible so I dont mess up my next order if and when I decide to go through with it.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry dude, I don't know anything about pieces. I just think a short hair style would suit you best and I assume you can only go so short until it looks unnatural.

MartyKay

Reaction score
There is a bit of recession built into most hair systems, so you want to attach it right where your natural hairline was. What you don't want to do is put the front edge too far forward (wolfman look) or too far back. If you put it behind your natural hairline, you'll end up with an unflattering wide forehead appearance.

Keep the density light, especially at the front. You want a bit of scalp to be visible through the hair at the hairline.

You can wear your hair very short - even an inch or shorter - or as long as you like. It all depends on what looks good on you.

Don't let a barber cut it in for you - they butcher hairpieces. Your best option is to go to a woman's hairdresser, preferably someone with wig and hairpiece experience. They know much, much more about how to style the hair to flatter your face and (very important) how to blend the hair of your hair system into your own, natural hair.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, you might be a little high on the density. Also, the hairline needs a little recession (as others have stated).

How are your temples? If your temples are too far gone, it will draw attention to the top of the head (the dreaded wide forehead look) and you may need to build temple flaps into it.

Actually... looking at your photos, you appear to be bringing the corners of the hairline down too fast. Meaning, above the middle of your right eyebrow, the hairline starts moving downward... which shouldn't happen until it's ready to meet the temples (even then, I'm not sure I'd have such a defined slope... more curved)

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Choreboy thats some pretty good hair you got.
Do you wear a topper
My forhead is naturally wide,wearing a hair piece makes it look a lot smaller.