I Lose A Lot Of Hair When I Remove The Tape From My System.

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title says it all. When I remove & reattach once a week I shower to get the adhesive loose then I spray from C-22 & take it off. Getting it off my head is no problem but taking the tape off the system, I lose so much hair. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• CCF66CD6-33AB-4CE2-AD4E-5A9F348CF41E.jpeg
    CCF66CD6-33AB-4CE2-AD4E-5A9F348CF41E.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 195

Noah

Reaction score
You have a lace base, right? You need to thoroughly soak the area of lace that the tape is sticking to with 99% isopropyl alcohol, from the hair side of your piece, so that the alcohol runs through the lace mesh onto the tape. It is useful to have a squeezy bottle with a long narrow nozzle, so that you can get the alcohol to the right part of the base without getting too much on the hair shafts. Then you have to leave the alcohol for a few minutes to break down the adhesive bond. After 5 minutes the bond should be broken and the tape should come off easily without pulling any hair with it. If it is still resisting, apply more alcohol and wait longer.

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a lace base, right? You need to thoroughly soak the area of lace that the tape is sticking to with 99% isopropyl alcohol, from the hair side of your piece, so that the alcohol runs through the lace mesh onto the tape. It is useful to have a squeezy bottle with a long narrow nozzle, so that you can get the alcohol to the right part of the base without getting too much on the hair shafts. Then you have to leave the alcohol for a few minutes to break down the adhesive bond. After 5 minutes the bond should be broken and the tape should come off easily without pulling any hair with it. If it is still resisting, apply more alcohol and wait longer.
When you say soak it from the hair side of the piece do you mean spray the alcohol onto the top of the hair?

Noah

Reaction score
I mean squirt the alcohol onto the hair side of the mesh on the other side of the base from where the tape is stuck, but avoiding the hair as much as possible. That is why a long-nozzle bottle is a good idea.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know you could wait as long as 5-15 min.

I figured the alcohol would evaporate and the glue would become sticky again.

Great post - as I lose a reasonable amount of hair when I remove tape...