I Let People Influence My Shaved Head, Got Depressed, Shaved It Back. Kicking *** Again!

IKickedHairsAss

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mom said she preferred a guy with a balding head as opposed to a shaved head. Then a few other people I know said, "Oh yeah, some thinning hair is distinguished" and others said "Look at Prince William" etc...

So about 2 months ago I tried growing some hair back to see how it looked. It took me over a month to get enough on top to even comb it. I shaved my beard. Went back to a smooth face.

I realized growing my hair back was worse than before. I was self conscious again. I started to get depressed again. I could feel my demeanor changing again.

So one morning, I woke up, got my clippers and shaved my head again. Went for a 5 mile run, in the sun, cleared my head.

I kid you not, I went into a convince store to get a Gatorade and the cashier was checking me out. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll never go back to that 'balding' look.

Then the irony is, when I saw my mom again she said "You're looking great." It's like, 'what the f;;k? You said you preferred a balding look?!"

Don't let others influence you. I have a 9 day beard and it's getting thick again. I have my confidence back. It's insane how much better I look and feel. Do what makes you feel your best. Don't let me or anyone else influence you and your choices.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear dairy...

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, this appeared in my
Last Week's Most Popular Topics email and I knew it would be you before I clicked the link. Ridiculous cope artist.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how bad your baldness is. A shaved head is preferable to a bad combover or trying to grow out a NW5 onwards but even then a little stubble on top looks better then shaved down to a "0".

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mom said she preferred a guy with a balding head as opposed to a shaved head. Then a few other people I know said, "Oh yeah, some thinning hair is distinguished" and others said "Look at Prince William" etc...

So about 2 months ago I tried growing some hair back to see how it looked. It took me over a month to get enough on top to even comb it. I shaved my beard. Went back to a smooth face.

I realized growing my hair back was worse than before. I was self conscious again. I started to get depressed again. I could feel my demeanor changing again.

So one morning, I woke up, got my clippers and shaved my head again. Went for a 5 mile run, in the sun, cleared my head.

I kid you not, I went into a convince store to get a Gatorade and the cashier was checking me out. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll never go back to that 'balding' look.

Then the irony is, when I saw my mom again she said "You're looking great." It's like, 'what the f;;k? You said you preferred a balding look?!"

Don't let others influence you. I have a 9 day beard and it's getting thick again. I have my confidence back. It's insane how much better I look and feel. Do what makes you feel your best. Don't let me or anyone else influence you and your choices.

Just gotta do whats right for you. Don't listen to all the cry babies on this site. In reality, most of these guys never got laid much before so why would anything change once they started balding. I like that these same fools spend chunks of their day trying to prove the many reasons why balding men cannot get laid...So while they do that some balding guy is actually getting laid that very second..

g.i joey

Reaction score
taking advice from a 50 year old woman Lmaoo.

Did you ever think that she only said that cause you look BAD shaved?

Keep on coping brotha

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Moms mean well with their advice but as you get older you realise they're not always helpful. I've got wirey hair and my mom thinks I look good when my hairs grown out into a frizzy mess a la Michael Cera or Leo Sayer lol.