I know this sounds ridiculous... but Twitching? (Bryan??)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I could really use someone like Bryan in this thread.

I know this might sound ridiculous guys, but gradually over the last few months, I've developed a bad case of sleep apnoae (sp) and I've had slight, involuntary movements, which I feel START in my brain.

I know, I know... it sounds ridiculous. But is there ANY way possible that Dutasteride could be doing this?

It started off being something not of much concern, but it's been making it increasingly difficult for me to get to sleep and maintain a GOOD night's sleep.

I was in bed, and I've already twitched a few times, so I got up to write about this... I can hear small clicks in my brain, usually located in the lower back part-- clicking, nudging myself.

Can anyone relate to this?

I'm not using DRUGS... And I've NEVER, EVER had twitching before.

CCS

Reaction score
I still don't know what DHT if for. some people act like they know, but did not answer my questions well.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Sorry man, but I don't know what you're trying to say.

Are you talking about Type I DHT?

CCS

Reaction score
both. just saying I don't know if the body needs DHT or if it is a wasted compound. I don't even remember if the people without type2 just get big genitals after 25 or if they stay small.

Felk

Reaction score
Well i was asking the opposite question recently - since starting finasteride/dutasteride i seem to zonk out completely and wake up sluggishly.

But I'm happy with it - i used to be such a light sleeper. Its just cos i'm happier than usual these days, i think (forgetting about hair loss)

G

I know a guy who developed sleep apnea in college. His doctor said he developed it because he became overweight. Perhaps this is why you have developed it, from the weight the anti depressants added?

G

Aplunk1 said:
Wow, that's really interesting. Yes, I guess the two DO coincide...

sleep apnea is dangerous because in some cases you actually stop breathing while you sleep. the guy i knew used some kind of oxygen mask hooked up to a machine that fed him oxygen while he slept. you might want to ask a doctor about it- i'm sure he'd know what it's called.

anyway i am inclined to think that the weight is the reason for your SA and not dutasteride.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
both. just saying I don't know if the body needs DHT or if it is a wasted compound. I don't even remember if the people without type2 just get big genitals after 25 or if they stay small.

CCS - are you huffing spray paint again?

CCS

Reaction score
so many diseases are just symptoms of poor health. obesity causes so many problems. Most people who live on junk food know they are messing themselves up, but they do it anyway. This is why I'm against government health care. It should only cover car crashes and unavoidable stuff. I don't want to pay for everyone else's stupid life styles.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
College, the poor have no choice but to eat crap food. It is all they can afford.

It is true that some people who are not poor eat crap and we are paying for their gluttony, but that is definitely not the whole picture.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am a sleep tech. This medicine has nothing to do with sleep apnea. It is developed by either being overweight or having physical abnormalities(enlarged tonsils, tounge, soft pallet resting aquardly etc...)

As far as it effecting your quality of sleep. I have done many studies on people taking this medicine as well as the other and really saw nothing abnormal in their sleep architecture. I'm sure thoe it can change your moods because of the hormonal changes therefore making you depressed or sleepy and such. Could potentially cause PLMS during sleep but I havent seen it.

Oh btw im a newbie here... 24 years old.. going the way of the norwood 5a and just deciding to do something about it. I'm only having a wierd bloating (gas) side effect so far from the Dutas but other then that nothing bad. I do feel slightly less intense errections but they stay up and work just fine lmao. Sex drive is same as usual.

beaner

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Aplunk1 said:
Wow, that's really interesting. Yes, I guess the two DO coincide...

sleep apnea is dangerous because in some cases you actually stop breathing while you sleep. the guy i knew used some kind of oxygen mask hooked up to a machine that fed him oxygen while he slept. you might want to ask a doctor about it- i'm sure he'd know what it's called.

It's a C-PAP machine...most insurance policies will cover them also.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CPAP... continuous positive airway pressure. Its not oxygen. just air that blows at ya and keeps your airway from collapsing while you sleep. Kinda like a vacuum on reverse but directed over your nose(and mouth depending on the mask).