I know I'm on borrowed time but how much longer do I got?

lord cardigan

Reaction score
I have bad bad sides and one permanent one with finasteride (gyno). I suppose every medicine has sides but minoxidil are nothing compared to finasteride. For me anyway.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm open to suggestions just not any of the three I've mentioned as I feel I've already done enough research on the matter and still maintain that it's not worth the risk. I'm currently taking Ketoconazole shampoo, and am also interested in trying microneedling and onion juice. Maybe coconut oil but I've read that it can make danruff worse and I have seborrheic dermatitis.
You might get lucky and those might be enough, but I won't lie to you when I say that it's unlikely that those will do much heavylifting on their own. Yes, keto has an anti androgenic effect but it's still pretty weak.
I had a friend who started going bald and said that finasteride isn't worth the risk blah blah blah, now his hair is fucked and he took his first pill yesterday. So at the end of the day it's up to you, as I said keto + microneedling might help but be conservative with your expectations.
PS: don't start with minoxidil because if you're not on an 5-ar inhibitor your follicles will still miniaturize and the balding will eventually catch up. Add it later.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm open to suggestions just not any of the three I've mentioned as I feel I've already done enough research on the matter and still maintain that it's not worth the risk. I'm currently taking Ketoconazole shampoo, and am also interested in trying microneedling and onion juice. Maybe coconut oil but I've read that it can make danruff worse and I have seborrheic dermatitis.
Onion Juice instead of Finasteride and Minoxidil? Be prepared to say goodbye to your hair.

jazz1

Reaction score
Yes but surprisingly she did not believe I had male pattern baldness, and said it was likely stress induced. She did prescribe me some 2% Keto shampoo though for my dandruff which I have been using for about 1 month. I don't think I have regrown any hair, although it's not so easy to tell as my hair has grown since then, but I do feel like I am shedding less since starting
Request a scalp biopsy or change dermatologist……