I Keep Finding Individual Shedded Hairs All Over The Place.

looking for hair advice

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also posted a thread, complete with pictures, here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...is-thinning-at-the-crown.121810/#post-1787867 But I realized this might be the appropriate subforum?

As I said in the other thread, I'm 24 and something between a Norwood 1 and Norwood 2. Most people don't notice my hairloss until I point it out to them and even then some try to deny it. I'm stressed about my hairloss but I've taken comfort in the fact that I won't develop a bald spot or anything like that overnight and I haven't noticed any further recession since I realized I've started losing my hair in February.

However, for the past week or so I've noticed a lot of individual hairs all over the Place. One on my laptop keyboard, a few on my jacket, a few in bed, one or two in the sink in the morning, and so on. I've read that you lose something like 50-100 hairs every day so at first I just wrote my worries off as paranoia, but after realizing I usually catch one or two hairs every time I run my hand through my hair and that ~5 hairs, give or take, will come off everytime I shake my hair over the bathroom sink. I feel that if I were to count every hair, I have a hard time believing it would amount to less than 100 a day - but I could be wrong.

How should I interpret this? Is it a sign of thinning at the crown? Where do I go from here? I don't know what to make of this and any advice would be really appreciated.

I'm not on any meds atm, and I feel very turned off from the common ones due to the sides. I'll add a pic of the bathroom sink this morning, containing ~8 hairs after a 5 second light shake + two or Three hairs I found in bed this morning.

Attachments

• 20190410_100310.jpg
    20190410_100310.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 431

looking for hair advice

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record: I've found 10 more hairs on my shirt, desk, laptop etc from the first two hours of work today. Admittedly I've been touching my hair a lot and feeling if there's any loose hairs, but this can't be normal? Again, reference pics of my crown are in the other thread I linked.

Edit: after counting hairs on the table, chair, shirt and so on after the first two hours at my desk job yesterday, I realized I had lost upwards of 20 hairs in just those two hours. And this trend has been pretty consistent for these last few days.

Last edited:

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeap you're losing hair. I lose more than you and I actually have to use one of these roller things on my bed, almost everyday :|.

I'm sure if you read enough, do the usual minoxidil, finasteride etc..if you have sides w/ finasteride and don't like playing with your hormones then it's okay to opt out. Just keep reading more..always about the big 3 etc..some stuff works for you, some won't. Don't worry too much about what really works b/c everyone's different.

You'll always see arguments on what is fake or not worth it,vice versa. Just do the best you can and save up for hair transplant for worst scenario or just shave it all off if you look good w/ buzz cut at least.