I just wish I had known earlier!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice one admin! I sometimes wish I'd been around in the 70s when platform shoes were acceptable for men. Mind you, I'd have probably broke my ankles :/

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Since i am the top elevator shoe expert on this site, I thought I should give an update on the top 5 elevator shoes of 2012!!!

special award goes to bugarris 4.0" boots, that are both lightweight, comfortable and give you the highest gain on the market, they give as much height as 2 LL surgeries.

here are the winners this year, in order of gain.

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-k882899.html 1.5"
http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-k33291.html 2.5"
http://www.donsfootwear.com/p/19/detna#.UOWEMW_tSn8 3.5"
http://www.donsfootwear.com/p/26/fossato#.UOWES2_tSn8 3.5"
https://www.bugarrishoes.com/index.php?collectionID=1731&page=collectionDet#.UOWB32_tSn8 4.0" < note: this is not on website, but I wear them.

note that the gain I indicate is how much taller they make you vs. a regular pair of shoes with a 1" sole aka Flats, so you walk out the door with a pair of flats, then in these shoes this how much extra height you get from them.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
If I could make a deal with the devil I'd happily ask to be made 5'5 - 5'6 in exchange for a full head of hair for life.

being 6 foot + and a NW7? No thanks

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I probably will have to eventually, unless hell freezes over and I actually can live with being bald

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
rofl Quantum Cat how can you say these things, you say you can't live bald and I say I can't live with short stature, then you say I am overthinking things (and it is only one thing, height)

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
rofl Quantum Cat how can you say these things, you say you can't live bald and I say I can't live with short stature, then you say I am overthinking things (and it is only one thing, height)

Neither option is desirable obviously, but if I HAD to choose between short with hair or tall and bald, I'd go for the first option.

obviosuly I wouldn't want to be a 3 foot midget- -but losing 3 or 4 inches in height in return for a full head of hair for life seems like a good deal to me

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
but would you not wear lifts though?

be honest?

and by how much, 1"-2" or 4"?

would you not also consider 1xheight surgery to get to 5 7.

If you are with a girl now, how tall is she, would she be OK with you being 4" shorter?

you mentioned you are 5 8.5, but if you are with a girl now who is 5 7, you can't really go down to 5 4 or something, it just isn't really practical, you'd probably have to be in lifts and get LL.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I don't think 5'4, 5'5 is THAT short really - I could live with it. I wouldn't wear lifts unless I was 4 foot something.

btw I see short men with taller women quite frequently. If they're both happy with it and don't care what anybody else thinks, then what's the problem with the height difference?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
really, I hardly ever see it, maybe short men with women yes, but they are a little taller or same height.

I'm pretty sure it is like 1 in 700 couples where the women is taller than the man, but that is when the women is really tall and the man is quite average in stature.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then quit acting like this isnt a real issue

U have NO experience in height difficulties, so dont say ANYTHING about it

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes I wouldn't use a video game as example.

looking at real people I have stats that say you need to be taller than the woman, like there is a <1% of it working out.

you should watch short and male documentary.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
No, but I've been told I look like a giant insect or treated of long stick, or I banged my head on cealings and entrances so I have experience in height difficulties, kind of.

I said something like this aswell but got nothing but grieve...being tall is not a bad thing by all means obviously PLEASE guys read this bit im not saying its bad ok?...but cause we are tall dont mean we havent been called names etc etc...they think cause we are tall and they are most probably dissing us out off jealousy that it shouldnt hurt the person who is getting it (never hurt me im just saying like) people are different you see girls who are very pretty but get bullied by jealous girls and commit suicide...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True but NOWHERE near as bad as mine, and i havent really had any

Being a stick insect=> just work out

Being short=>have to lie to people in lifts or do expensive and painful surgery

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
True but NOWHERE near as bad as mine, and i havent really had any

Being a stick insect=> just work out

Being short=>have to lie to people in lifts or do expensive and painful surgery

of if your mega short like me do the surgery AND wear lifts, (albiet a small 1" one, but still)

if your a super tall bean pole, you could hollow out the soles of your shoes to lose 0.5" of height.

and you can get leg shortening, someone on the MMT forum is 6 3 and he is getting height surgery to go to 6 1.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine ethically many docs would Fred. Plus surely it would involve breaking your legs, like the leg lengthening. :S

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
um why would he need a chainsaw?

does he have bigger legs? no, his legs are just longer.

well he's getting it down in india for £9000 right now, his sister is 5 10 and is getting it done to be 5 8.

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,5773.0.html

"I am 5ft10 almost, don't forget i am a woman, really tall for a woman in my humble opinion and am reducing my height by about 2 inches.

My brother is also doing the surgery :) and he is 6ft3 almost and is reducing his height by about 2 1/2 inches."

well if I was 6 3 i wouldn't get LS, if I was 6 5 I would get LS to 6 3 to be more normal, i'd say 6 3 is the upper most practical limit in height for men.