i just realized we are a "freak" complaining minority

whymewhynow

Reaction score
Dannyboy is right. The problem is not society but us. I never get isolated like uncomfortable man says, I know he will say he is a higher Norwood but that is just him driving a personal agenda. In fact I never see balding men of any hair loss level get openly derided in public... discrimination is a silent assailant in our times IT IS NEVER OVERT. What more can you wish for?

My brother who I never see often spoke to me on the phone last night. After some time the discussion turned to hair , I made a joke about all my issues with balding and how "distracting" it is for me. He was like "oh yeah I'm on finasteride too". I would rate him about Norwood 2 like me. You wound't know it though, from his nature he is very laidback and uncaring about issues like hairloss. On facebook all I see is smiles and happy events.

Then you can consider, that millions maybe billions of men are suffering hair loss in the world. How many of them complain or take action ? Not many. How many of those few who take action post on hair loss blogs/forums?. Again not many. I see a few hundred active members at one time. Maybe they are a handful of hair loss forums on the whole internet....

It's a small "niche" protest group who frequent these hair loss forums. The vast majority of men 99.9999% DO NOT CARE enough to whinge like a coward. They can just get on with their life. So what makes us so special that hair loss impacts us more ??

I think there must be other issues, like mental problems, depression, "genetics" that make our demographic special freaks.

I honestly just want to be normal like my brother, we have the same hairline , everything is the same, only he is SANE and happy... I can only be happy once my NW1 or better is restored, I will be getting a hair transplant at the middle of next year (it is booked and all....) , I switched to dustaseride no more hair will be lossed until then.... Once I get my hair back I will kiss this forum goodbye, I never want to speak about hair again apart from "normal" vocabulary like going to the haircut or talking about hair styles, no more worrying, my story will end and it will end on my terms.

slipy

Reaction score
Dannyboy is right. The problem is not society but us. I never get isolated like uncomfortable man says, I know he will say he is a higher Norwood but that is just him driving a personal agenda.

you're a Norwood fukking 2. no reason to get isolated. you look normal. get a grip unless you're trolling.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Dannyboy is right. The problem is not society but us. I never get isolated like uncomfortable man says, I know he will say he is a higher Norwood but that is just him driving a personal agenda. In fact I never see balding men of any hair loss level get openly derided in public... discrimination is a silent assailant in our times IT IS NEVER OVERT. What more can you wish for?

My brother who I never see often spoke to me on the phone last night. After some time the discussion turned to hair , I made a joke about all my issues with balding and how "distracting" it is for me. He was like "oh yeah I'm on finasteride too". I would rate him about Norwood 2 like me. You wound't know it though, from his nature he is very laidback and uncaring about issues like hairloss. On facebook all I see is smiles and happy events.

Then you can consider, that millions maybe billions of men are suffering hair loss in the world. How many of them complain or take action ? Not many. How many of those few who take action post on hair loss blogs/forums?. Again not many. I see a few hundred active members at one time. Maybe they are a handful of hair loss forums on the whole internet....

It's a small "niche" protest group who frequent these hair loss forums. The vast majority of men 99.9999% DO NOT CARE enough to whinge like a coward. They can just get on with their life. So what makes us so special that hair loss impacts us more ??

I think there must be other issues, like mental problems, depression, "genetics" that make our demographic special freaks.

I honestly just want to be normal like my brother, we have the same hairline , everything is the same, only he is SANE and happy... I can only be happy once my NW1 or better is restored, I will be getting a hair transplant at the middle of next year (it is booked and all....) , I switched to dustaseride no more hair will be lossed until then.... Once I get my hair back I will kiss this forum goodbye, I never want to speak about hair again apart from "normal" vocabulary like going to the haircut or talking about hair styles, no more worrying, my story will end and it will end on my terms.

whymewhynow, here we go again...
I don't know why you post these kind of threads when you get the same old feedback each time.

You are a NW2, which for people not losing hair isn't even considered balding, and uncomfortable man IS in fact a much higher Norwood than you.
This isn't a competition for who has the highest Norwood but I can understand why the way you express yourself may make people angry.
You say you won't be happy until you are a NW1, yet you said previously that being NW2 is much harder than NW7?
The things you say just doesn't make any sense.
It never feels good to be balding no matter the Norwood, because of the uncertainty if treatment will work, how bad it's gonna get and how fast etc.
I get it, but the truth is people with a high Norwood are in a much different situation than you.
They lost the fight, you are still fighting, get it?
I don't think you understand how it's truly like to be (almost) fully bald.
When you cross the line where you no longer pass as "normal", it will be a much different situation for you if you ever get there.

No, people may not throw harmful words at balding people in public, but they do joke about it, something that can hurt just as much.
Though I think the worst thing about balding is losing your value in society.
It's a sad truth but looks does matter more than we like, and hair is probably the most defining feature of a person.
When you lose it, and I mean truly lose it - not just some hairline recession - you lose your identity.

I honestly don't know why you are even on these forums when all you do is complain that balding people should not complain,
when you are complaining yourself.
Balding is obviously an issue to you but you contradict yourself all the time. Take a stand.
This forum is for advice, but also for support and just talking about it. A lot of us feel strongly about this and need someone to talk to.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
[...] In fact I never see balding men of any hair loss level get openly derided in public... discrimination is a silent assailant in our times IT IS NEVER OVERT. [...]

I beg to differ.

Baldism is pretty overt in our society, in fact we're the only social group that can be freely bashed in public. Making fun of disabled people is a capital sin; insulting bald men, by the contrary, is perfectly acceptable.