I just realized HM might not work for me...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
powersam said:
the thing is mate you'd never know because so few people get it checked. that 95% number is taken from dermatologists records who as we know dont even examine people with balding half the time, simply say its male pattern baldness and get over it. there could be a large amount of men who's male pattern baldness is hastened by a thyroid condition but never know about it and so lose their hair far faster.

ok ok i give up

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bobs said:
Mac,

Listen, HM works by inserting new DPC to your scalp, these cells do two things, they either make new hair grow or reinforce a weakened follicle.
So in your case you will benefit most from the second route of action.

Is this true? I thought that they just make new hair grow. If they reactivate weakened follicles this would be a great thing because I was thinking the other day, let's say HM comes out, one would presumably want to relinquish all treatments. therefore you would still lose hair after you filled in bald places. But if it actually helps dying follicles out then I want this porcedure to come out more.
I suppose a part of me thinks it will never come out. I mean we can land on the moon, we have created loads of operations and devices and we can't clone hair yet? Everyone always says whoever finds a cure for bladness will be very rich and I just think to myself well why would it come out in 2012... why not 1995 .. why not 2100. I know some people will say because Intercytex are in phase 2 trials. But how do we know they will be in these trials indefinantly and then give up? Obviously the fact that they got a grant to build a robot is encouraging news but I feel they should have spent this money on research rather than the robot after all the robot just does things they can already do a lot quicker. Once they have solid reearch they could afford the robot anyway.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
yes this is true;

"Dermal papilla (DP) cells, located at the base of the hair follicle, have been shown to have hairinductive
properties, and when cultured DP cells are re-implanted into a patient, they have been
found to promote new hair growth. ICX-TRC, also referred to as the "hairy generation cell" by Dr
Kemp, can work via two methods - by increasing the thickness of hair follicles that are already
present, and by producing brand new follicles. To date, this has been demonstrated in animal
models. Dr Kemp described how a completed phase I study involving seven patients
demonstrated no safety issues, with five of the seven subjects showing increased hair numbers
following treatment. Delivery of these cells is crucial, with a rapid injection making the cells go to
the bottom of the dermis layer, which is useless as the cells need to locate to the keratinocytes on
the superficial surface in order to allow for follicle growth. The optimal delivery method is via a
modified version of the Hamilton syringe, which is now an approved medical device. Phase II
efficacy trials are currently ongoing with this compound, involving approximately 10 patients per
cohort. This program was designed to optimize formulation/delivery of ICX-TRC. The first cohort
has completed enrolment, with six patients being treated. Preliminary data are anticipated to be
released in the second half of 2007."