I I Think I Might Be Suffering From male pattern baldness And Im Freaking Out..

Phil34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping that some of you can make this a little bit clearer to me. So, to start off, im a 27 year old man from Nrway. About 4 years ago i started noticing noticeable thinning in my hair, mostly in the front of the head.. Im not sure if it has progressed any further since then, can't really tell. The thing is, im not sure if it really is male pattern baldness taking my family history into consideration, noone of the men apart from 1 uncle has had much hairloss, and my dad is about 65 now. I also suffer from Lupus, so that might be a cause. Even though it's been in remission (inactive) for about 10 years. Im not noticing many hairs falling out either. i can pull my hair pretty hard on the thin parts without losing hair. like 1 or 2 at most

Gonna post some pictures and maybe some of you will be able to tell me what it looks like, apart from horrible i mean. I know most of you of you aren't doctors, and i got an appointment next week. But i seriously can't lay this to rest untill i get some sort of ansver.

top of head with flash
IMG_2722.JPG

Natural light
IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

Hairline

Sorry about the horrible cameraquality, my phone is indeed a potato x)

Last edited:

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't have to be doctors to tell you that you are indeed suffering from male pattern baldness. It's pretty clear by looking at those pictures.

Phil34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium came to my mind. Tried to post a link but the forum denies me that, but google it :)

Taking my family history into consideration, and the fact that it hasn't gotten any worse or better in the past 3-4 years. Isn't male pattern baldness progressive? i mean sh*t, i have to be really freaking unlucky in the genepool to be the only goddamn male in my family balding, apart from that one uncle. But i suppose i might just be in denial.

So wtf do i do now? I alrdy got enough issues with my flipping appearance, to start of im short as f*** and now my goddamn hair is going away? The George Constanza look does not sound appealing at all, and in a few years i might be there. sh*t i'll i be lacking is the extra pounds and weak sight, and knowing my luck that will probably come too..

Fml

Posting another pic since im in denial, this time without hair products and after a shower
IMG_2732.JPG

shookwun

Reaction score
chemical warfare is the only way of saving your mane.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium came to my mind. Tried to post a link but the forum denies me that, but google it :)

Taking my family history into consideration, and the fact that it hasn't gotten any worse or better in the past 3-4 years. Isn't male pattern baldness progressive? i mean sh*t, i have to be really freaking unlucky in the genepool to be the only goddamn male in my family balding, apart from that one uncle. But i suppose i might just be in denial.

So wtf do i do now? I alrdy got enough issues with my flipping appearance, to start of im short as f*** and now my goddamn hair is going away? The George Constanza look does not sound appealing at all, and in a few years i might be there. sh*t i'll i be lacking is the extra pounds and weak sight, and knowing my luck that will probably come too..

Fml

Posting another pic since im in denial, this time without hair products and after a shower
View attachment 84994

Telogen Effluvium is quite rare. More common in people recovering from major traumas or serious illnesses.

Hair loss is in a male pattern baldness pattern and it looks like you have good thick eyebrows and ?body Hair.

Even with no family history male pattern baldness can happen unfortunately.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
deffo male pattern baldness. Telogen Effluvium would be your donor hair too.