i have the finasteride pills but am too scared to use them?

brit555

Reaction score
hey guys, ive been scanning this site now for a few montsh and have picked up a lot of knowledge about the treatments available.

Am currently about a norword 2 but shaved it to a 3 all over recently and was convinced a could see the island forming at the front. Am current;y on the american crew hairloss problem which includes teh copper peptides and was with nizoral twice a week.

Then, i did the unthinkable and ordered a 3 month supply of finasteride on evopharmacy and havent had the ball to take one yet. out of all the sides its probably the fair of increased hairloss by shedding that bothers me the most and because of this i might start on 0.5 mg if and when i do decide to take them. Just concerend tho that if i do shed a load, will everything go back to normal if i stop taking them and could i accelerate my hairloss, also how bad are the sheds, at the mo id say im losing over 100 hairs a day so are we talking 200 range?

cheers for any advice!

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
i started propecia 7 months ago and did experience a shed in the first month or so, that did compound my problem and my pants were full with worry up until the 3rd month. Since then months 4-7 i have hardly noticed any shedding at all and it seems to be thinkening up.

hope the progress continues...

i personally think you should try propecia, but be prepared to shed and be patient...you have to understand the process behind miniturization and untimately the time it takes for the revesal of this. some say 6 months, some 8, some 12, some longer...just take confort in the fact that you have a good change of at least keeping waht you had when you started.

best of luck pal.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm due to start it too after tons of reading up. Could start with .25mg for first month check for sides and then up to .5mg. This should ease you in and any shed if it happend should be milder..only a small percentage get sheds/sides so hopefully one of the lucky ones. Read that even .5mg has 80% effect of the 1mg and that will save money big time too.

Will combine it with Sprectral DNC/Minol in the thin receding areas to help them grow back.

All the mild stuff didn't work for me so have to go for big 2 FDA approved.

nizoral seems really poplular for shampoo but I think this is much less important

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, i've had my fincar for 3 weeks, every day i change my mind on starting it. I guess i have to bite the bullet and accept the initial shed although its gonna kill me!!

Also agree with comments on nizoral.

shyguy

Reaction score
this is too funny, I have had my finpecia that I ordered form United Pharmacy sitting on my kitchen counter for the past 3 weeks.... the only difference is I finally decided to take the plunge and try it today..... I went to lab corp to have my blood work done so that I have baseline levels to refer back to... I cut my 1mg finasteride tabs into 1/4's (.25mg) geez, these .25mg tabs are tiny, its amazing that this tiny tab can drop dht levels.... I will take .25mg every other day... based on the following charts it should work

just remember that finasteride has a cummulative effect which continues to build in the body day after day... .25mg should be adequate at reducing dht to acceptable levels in the body without destroying the dht completey and giving unwanted sides

socks_12_m.gif

socks_11_m.jpg

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is good data. Without doing some more calc's it looks like a good idea would be to take 1 tab initially to get the level down then take quarter tabs rest of the week and take 1 tab to start the following week etc this should keep levels down, reduce sides and cost. What do you think.

We want the effect of taking it but somehow minimise the risks at least initially until we find little no shed and our bits still function.

If College sees this he might have a good opinion as he seems one of the most experienced on here.

shyguy

Reaction score
nick, if your gonna go that route than I suggest... 1mg to start week and .25mg every other day after.....

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
bilbobaggins said:
i started propecia 7 months ago and did experience a shed in the first month or so, that did compound my problem and my pants were full with worry up until the 3rd month. Since then months 4-7 i have hardly noticed any shedding at all and it seems to be thinkening up.

hope the progress continues...

i personally think you should try propecia, but be prepared to shed and be patient...you have to understand the process behind miniturization and untimately the time it takes for the revesal of this. some say 6 months, some 8, some 12, some longer...just take confort in the fact that you have a good change of at least keeping waht you had when you started.

best of luck pal.
It thickened after the shed? Do you mean it thickened back to normal, or that it's gotten thicker than when you started off?

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
i would say it thinkened back to before the shed...in most areas anyway. my temples could do with filling in a bit but i'm not sure how they were before because i didn't take any darn pictures. somedays the crown seems thicker and more prickly, other days it feels thinner...still early days though i guess.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My Finpecia tabs arrived today so now I am in same situation about to start taking them.

I hope they do work and fast. I have been losing little hair but there doesn't seem to be any new growth at all for a couple of months now...all I can assume is that DHT has stopped everything and if DHT is stopped by the Finpecia maybe I get some new growth again in the areas recently lost...I have plenty of hair only a few months ago just want to get back to that.

Once you start the tabs your on them for ever more that's another worrying factor although if going the .25mb route then is not much money...well until HM in 2-3 yrs time (fingers crossed)

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HM won't be out in 2-3 years, sorry.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Through Intercytex it will, be optiomistic.. I have insider info from the clinics testing saying its going well. Skin multiplication is already in production so other cloning going into production in next few years

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll be surprised, but i hope you're right!