I Have Regrown My Hair In 3 Or 4 Months

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of you might have seen my results in other threads but I thought I would start a story because I think it will help a lot of people.

The beauty of my regime is that it's so simple: dermaroller and minoxidil 5% liquid.

I am 32 and began losing hair on my temples when I was around 24, so I started using minoxidil. It did nothing so I stopped using minoxidil after 2 years, when I was 26. I didn't mind not having hair on my temples because it still looked pretty normal for my age, and I still had a full head of hair everywhere else. I normally wore my hair quite long, so it wasn't particularly noticeable. When I stopped using minoxidil, I didn't even consider trying anything else. Minoxidil is the only hair loss medication I have ever tried.

At 28 or 29, I noticed that I was beginning to thin on top, albeit quite slowly. I began to use Toppik and forgot all about it. This lasted until 2017 I was 32 (I'm still 32), when my hair loss seemed to turn very aggressive and it was very obvious that I was a diffuse thinner.

In March of this year (2018) I started looking at hair transplants but also Googled for hair loss treatments with studies to back them. It did not take me long to find the following study and I ordered a dermaroller and minoxidil as soon as I finished reading it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

I took photos quite regularly and stuck do the following regime strictly, at least for the first 6 months:

Dermaroller once a week
Minoxidil 5% liquid twice a day but NOT on the day I use the dermaroller

It is also worth noting that I upgraded to a dermapen after 1.5 or 2 months. I do not think this made any difference to my results but I just find it a bit easier to use than the roller.

I'll post a few pictures on here but I have a Google Photos album, documenting my progress: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqvHSQGjfAFk96jg7

20180305_144413 (1).jpg
20180410_212219.jpg
20180518_101136.jpg
20180520_140731.jpg
20180605_110309.jpg
20180605_120700.jpg
IMG_20180629_150523.jpg
IMG_20180629_150730 (1).jpg

Last edited:

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant it in a positive way, I was considering your recommendations for a pen actually. I think this community is completely ridiculous since with an extensive amount of pictures documenting your journey like you do it's not something you can fake. I've linked your Reddit post to quite a few people actually.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad.

I actually started with a 1.5mm dermaroller and that's what I saw results with. It was only after seeing results that I upgraded to a pen.

Really sorry I took that the wrong way.
It's understandable aha, the hairloss community is really toxic, you ruined my perfect dislikes recieved though aha I should have elaborated better.

I was seeing a good amount of success derma rolling myself with a 1.5mm and recently stepped up to a 2mm stamp, the only thing is that it's incredibly time consuming and has inconsistent coverage. Did it take you long derma rolling? I've noticed for me to do it thoroughly it can take upwards of 30 mins. My main concern with the Dr.Pens though the potential for microtearing and the needles getting stuck in the scalp, I was looking into getting a Derminator 2 which I could also double down and use on my face but it will take far too long to arrive. I'm thinking the crude nature of a cheaper one wouldn't be as relevant on the scalp since it's not as delicate as the face. I might just grab a cheap Ultima N4 as a temporary solution.

Only just saw the edit, yeah I'll probably get a wired one if it's cheaper or if I can get better quality for money. Most seem to come with 2 replacement cartridges so I'll probably just soak and wash them.

Last edited:

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish I could do this but my body is too retarded to handle minoxidil.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did want to get a Derminator 2 but you made me crack haha, I managed to find a Ultima M5 with 10pcs for only $51 AUD that's actually in my country, went with the 12 needle cartridges since they appear to be the best. Should save a ton of time and effort over the roller if this is effective, excited for it to arrive. I was looking into pens a few months ago and I can see how much more effective and efficient they'd be, faster and better coverage, less pain, faster heal times, more sanitary with disposable needles and adjustable depth which is useful for other things. I have a big patch of blonde hair on my hairline that's been forming and slowly turning terminal, excited to see if this will speed things up.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of you might have seen my results in other threads but I thought I would start a story because I think it will help a lot of people.

The beauty of my regime is that it's so simple: dermaroller and minoxidil 5% liquid.

I am 32 and began losing hair on my temples when I was around 24, so I started using minoxidil. It did nothing so I stopped using minoxidil after 2 years, when I was 26. I didn't mind not having hair on my temples because it still looked pretty normal for my age, and I still had a full head of hair everywhere else. I normally wore my hair quite long, so it wasn't particularly noticeable. When I stopped using minoxidil, I didn't even consider trying anything else. Minoxidil is the only hair loss medication I have ever tried.

At 28 or 29, I noticed that I was beginning to thin on top, albeit quite slowly. I began to use Toppik and forgot all about it. This lasted until 2017 I was 32 (I'm still 32), when my hair loss seemed to turn very aggressive and it was very obvious that I was a diffuse thinner.

In March of this year (2018) I started looking at hair transplants but also Googled for hair loss treatments with studies to back them. It did not take me long to find the following study and I ordered a dermaroller and minoxidil as soon as I finished reading it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

I took photos quite regularly and stuck do the following regime strictly, at least for the first 6 months:

Dermaroller once a week
Minoxidil 5% liquid twice a day but NOT on the day I use the dermaroller

It is also worth noting that I upgraded to a dermapen after 1.5 or 2 months. I do not think this made any difference to my results but I just find it a bit easier to use than the roller.

I'll post a few pictures on here but I have a Google Photos album, documenting my progress: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqvHSQGjfAFk96jg7

View attachment 104903 View attachment 104904 View attachment 104905 View attachment 104906 View attachment 104907 View attachment 104908 View attachment 104909 View attachment 104910
Hi
I read your posts. And saw your photos..
I’ve added a cheap electric dermapen to my routine...May upgrade down the line...
In your case getting more blood circulation & healing factors to scalp, plus minoxidil’s FDA approved benefits was enough to wake up your still viable follicles.
I think your rigorous dermarolling was the key... Good job!

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I read your posts. And saw your photos..
I’ve added a cheap electric dermapen to my routine...May upgrade down the line...
In your case getting more blood circulation & healing factors to scalp, plus minoxidil’s FDA approved benefits was enough to wake up your still viable follicles.
I think your rigorous dermarolling was the key... Good job!
Fda benifets lol the only benefit they care about is money and sickness

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Are the results the same with pen or roller? I’m gonna try this with finasteride. Can I use minoxidil once a day or have to be twice? If I was my hair twice a day will that damage t further?

FAGA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi congrats for your succes, I'd like to know do you shed some hair just after a session due to the pen probably cutting some hairs, and if thats the case on what device it happen the most derma pen or roller cause i have long hairs and im affraid of that .

supermen5

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations. How painfull is 1,5 mm dermaroller ? Since I have very oily scalp, can I continue washing my scalp everyday ? Like a day after dermaroller ? Thanks.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey..did you notice skin peeling after dermapen usage?my skin is getting peeled and also seeing very small hairs after just one time use of dermapen?were you able to recover the hairline completely?Also can we do dermapen more than one time a week?will it help or hinder the progress?