I have decided to take Finasteride.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
After almost 7 grueling painful months since I first found out that I was losing hair, I have decided to get Finasteride. I was reluctant at first because of the cost and the chance that Finasteride might ruin my sex drive and have the opposite effect and make my hair fall out completely, but now I think I am ready.

I have A LOT of hair still but my hairline recession is getting out of control. I don't want to do comb overs anymore and pretend that I am an NW1 when I am really almost an NW3. I have already made my peace with the fact that I am losing my hair so I have decided to give finasteride a chance. I have nothing to lose (at least I hope I have nothing to lose). If it doesn't work, I at least have the peace of mind to know that I tried all that I could. I would have no regrets.

Before I purchase Proscar, I have three questions.

1. I have asked this question before but I want to ask it again. I think I am below average in penis size and ball size. On my best day, my erection reaches a little over 6 and a half inches. When I ejaculate, not a lot of semen comes out. I think I could fill that little rogaine cup on my best day (if I were to actually do it). How will Finasteride effect me?

2. Do these sexual side effects go away if I were to stop Finasteride? Will I be back to normal as if absolutely nothing happened?

3. If I ever have wife, I'd like to have kids one day. Will Finasteride effect my chances of having them?

I am not a lucky guy. That's why I am here. I'm not expecting Finasteride to work but I am going to take this leap of faith anyways. Aside from the questions above, if you all could give me some advice as to what to expect, that would mean a lot. Thank you.

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
1. It might make your semen watery, which is a little unusual, but not a big deal.

2. Why do you assume you will have sexual side effects? They are rare. Don't psyche yourself out, otherwise your mind may convince yourself that you have side effects, which may in turn cause you to have those effects (the mind is powerful like that). If you do happen to legitimately have strong side effects, they should go away soon after you stop Finasteride.

3. I think it's recommended that you temporarily get off of Finasteride when you intend on having kids.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
sometimes i wonder if all this hysteria surrounding finasteride and side effects is just a conspiracy to ensure balding men go bald. rather, society can't accept the idea of men preventing themselves going bald and they shouldn't be so vain as to try and so something about it, so the negatives of the drug get exaggerated..everywhere! something good comes along and people just want to **** all over it. all drugs have side effects, i don't know why the potential side effects of this particular drug get so much attention.

it's extremely unlikely you'll experience any unwanted effects, just stop worrying.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sometimes i wonder if all this hysteria surrounding finasteride and side effects is just a conspiracy to ensure balding men go bald. rather, society can't accept the idea of men preventing themselves going bald and they shouldn't be so vain as to try and so something about it, so the negatives of the drug get exaggerated..everywhere! something good comes along and people just want to **** all over it. all drugs have side effects, i don't know why the potential side effects of this particular drug get so much attention.

it's extremely unlikely you'll experience any unwanted effects, just stop worrying.

It is because the potential side effects are sexual predominantly. If they were something like acid reflux, most people wouldn't analyse every little thing. I only got watery women as a side effect in the five years I have been on it. As for conceive g in the future, as far as I know, you just need to keep any cut up pills away from a pregnant lady. I could be wrong, but as I and my gf don't want children, it isn't an issue.