I have a Theory.... need input

need_hair04

Reaction score
Well I've been off propecia for more than a month now and my problem with sebborea just keeps getting worse and worse and it seems like my shedding has just worsened because of it ! My THEORY goes like this:

- when I started propecia back several months ago, prior to starting it I had an extremely oily scalp and real bad sebborea just like now in fact. HOWEVER while I was on propecia the sebborea was almost completely under control and the shedding subsided because of that. Now from what I've read in the past excessive sebum production is the direct effect of DHT, therefore while I was reducing my DHT with propecia I noticed very minimal sebum production and thus very little problem with sebborea.

Since stopping finasteride my DHT levels have obviously stabalized back to normal and now sebum production is high again and sebborea is common back insanely causing an increase of shedding.... could it be possible that i may need to use propecia in order to keep my sebborea under control????

My hairline is solid and thickness of hair is constant throughout my head. I use nizoral 2%, t-gel, selsun blue 2.5% and as of now they seem to be working minimally!!

What you bro's think of this one??

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
personally..using minoxidil twice a day makes me have that every day but after applying t gel (leaving it on at least 5 minutes after applying it all over my scalp) every day, i don't have that problem. i've been using it almost every day and it's worked great for me. i dropped nizoral..personally it does nothing in my opinion. doesn't get rid of dandruff, etc.. and since i dropped it it's had no effect on my hair. actually my hair has gotten a lot better by using t gel every day (well 6 days) and taking proscar and monoxidil twice a day. maybe you should try a stronger t gel dandruff shampoo like the intensive anti flake t gel dandruff shampoo. it's the only t gel i've ever used and it works great

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed how good T-gel extra strength is (1.0% tar). Its great when it comes to stopping itch and oiliness.

need_hair04

Reaction score
I stopped using finasteride becuase i dont believe that I am actually experiencing hairloss... my increased shedding seems to be linked to the sebborea with its itchyness, crazy flaking, and inflamation. All the hairs that I do loose are very healthy and the thickness of my hair seems to be stable throughout my scalp.

As for the t-gel, I personally dont think it actually helps that much but I can try to use it more often and even try that extra strength stuff with 4% salyctic acid that they got, maybe this could work better....

But still guys you aren't gettin at what I'm sayin... do you think that the propecia actually could of had a possitive effect because of it lowering DHT thus sebum production THUS sebborea???????

G

well I would say that if the end result of using finasteride was reduced itchyness, reduced inflammation and reduced flaking along with a reduction in shedding then it may be of use for you.

prehaps you could also consider experimenting with a topical DHT inhibitor?

good luck

G

Molecular Help said:
What exactly do you mean by the term "dht inhibitor"?

Something that inhibits the formation of dihyrotestosterone.

looking for trouble Molecular? :freaked: