I Have A Theory For Why Male Pattern Baldness Exists

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When we look at nature there's nearly always a reason for things, and it comes down to survival and reproduction. So this begs the question, how could a condition that makes men significantly uglier to the opposite sex with no apparent survival advantage exist? In prehistoric days humans started having children at a much younger age. The average life expectancy was 25-37 years, which coincidentally is also the age range when baldness kicks in. I believe baldness is nature's way of screaming at women "DO NOT BREED WITH HIM" since it implies a man is near the end of his life, and therefore wouldn't make a good provider and protector for her and her offspring.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
When we look at nature there's nearly always a reason for things, and it comes down to survival and reproduction. So this begs the question, how could a condition that makes men significantly uglier to the opposite sex with no apparent survival advantage exist? In prehistoric days humans started having children at a much younger age. The average life expectancy was 25-37 years, which coincidentally is also the age range when baldness kicks in. I believe baldness is nature's way of screaming at women "DO NOT BREED WITH HIM" since it implies a man is near the end of his life, and therefore wouldn't make a good provider and protector for her and her offspring.
There is another theory which suggests that a bald head signifies age and wisdom and in the past that was an attractive quality.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
But this does not account for all the old men who have lots of hair. Why wouldn't they be bald as well?
ON6nFCY.jpg

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald fathers make the most beautiful daughters, for some reason.