I Have A Scar On My Scalp And I Want To Cover It By Hair Transplant Surgery

Edwin Tilburg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have an old scar on the scalp which I want to try to cover with an hair transplant if possible.
I saw on the cover of the recent publication of ISHRS the case of a fire victim solved by fue hair surgery.

Can this kind of surgeries be made through medical insurance and how much can it cost?
Also, is it painful? Cause since I was a child I was very scarred of dentists and needles.
Thank you very much.
Edwin

Attachments

• F1-2019-01.jpg
    F1-2019-01.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 260

Edwin Tilburg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Yes, please do tell me anything you know. I was wondering if the assurance can cover surgery anywhere in EU. I was thinking to get in touch with this doctor Felix Popescu that made the surgery for that girl on the cover. I know little about hair transplant and about the doctor I only saw his case on the ISHRS publication. If anyone know anything about him, please let me know. Also if you have other recommendations. You said is very painful, but the hair clinics on the internet say there is no pain since everything is done under anesthesia. Of course I think there may be some pain since they have to make so many incisions in your scalp, but even so I am very determined to take this step.

Thanks for your help!

twiteresce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's done under anesthesia but it still hurts (my experience, I can't tell you about others). See my post about Belgrade, Serbia, and Dr. Maria. I know that she mentioned that she had a few patients with a scalp scar who wanted it covered and that they are very happy with the result. I'm sure she would have pictures to show if you contact her. Why do you think that insurance would pay for your op? did you have an accident while insured? If not, I can't see that anyone would cover the cost but you.