I Have A Question Guys Please Help?

NaviM_209

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have a question about finasteride I finally decided to take it . Question is what’s the difference between generic and brand name ? My copay for generic is cheaper then brand name that’s why I asked are they the same or should I go for brand name?
Also what’s dosage you guys recommend to start on? I’m a defuse thinner. Been using minoxidil for 3 months is doing okay I just want to bump up my regimen. I ask these questions because my doctor and dermatologist don’t seem to know anything. Please help guys.

Ballycox

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are exactly the same, although some people have claimed their results worsened after changing from brand-name to generic. However, the veracity of those claims has never been verified.

And i'm no doctor but logically to me it would seem best to start off slow since you are messing with your hormones, and anything over 0.2mg has shown to be effective. Personally i started on 0.33mg every 2 days and this is working for me.

NaviM_209

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are exactly the same, although some people have claimed their results worsened after changing from brand-name to generic. However, the veracity of those claims has never been verified.

And i'm no doctor but logically to me it would seem best to start off slow since you are messing with your hormones, and anything over 0.2mg has shown to be effective. Personally i started on 0.33mg every 2 days and this is working for me.
So if I get the generic brand how much mlg is it 1mlg I believe? So cut a pill into half?