I Have A Plan To Save My Hair Help Me Out

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is my plan, guys correct me if this plan have any flaws im 19 with norwood 2.5 and im super depressed since i realized im balding, like its affecting my health in a really bad way like i automatically start crying sometimes and sometimes vomit. So yeah so my plan is to save my hair till 23 with dutasteride and minoxidil-f and get a hair transplant after that. I'm new in here so pls be nice

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude, most people go through that phase. Its very overwhelming at first, I was in the same position as you (minus the vomiting) the first couple months. Don’t fret though it gets better, you just start to become more aware of the concept and fully understand the extent it affects the male population and get tired of being down so bad. You’ll probably never like it but you’re not always going to be cooped up about it. You should feel happy you’re addressing it very early and not waiting and making your situation a lot worse.

As to your plan, its a good one - currently my plan too. However, you should start finasteride first. Odds you get sides are higher on dutasteride than finasteride, you want to avoid those at all costs and statistically you have a good chance at maintance with finasteride which is all your plan requires. Finally, try not to have any expectations, theres a lot of things that can happen throughout your plan and could require tweaking.

INT

Reaction score
The medication that you want to use till 23 you need to keep on taking for life if you want to keep the benefits for the rest of your life. Hair transplants do not give you more hair than you have, it is just replacement of your current hair to give the appearance of having more hair.

Just take the proven medication for 5-6 years and if you then want a fuller looking head of hair at that time, then you can start looking into transplants.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou all for commenting and yes I've started finasteride and minoxidil with nizoral instead of dutasteride rightnow

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
So this is my plan, guys correct me if this plan have any flaws im 19 with norwood 2.5 and im super depressed since i realized im balding, like its affecting my health in a really bad way like i automatically start crying sometimes and sometimes vomit. So yeah so my plan is to save my hair till 23 with dutasteride and minoxidil-f and get a hair transplant after that. I'm new in here so pls be nice
You have the right idea imo. Ive been through it all and the only stuff worth bothering with is finasteride, dutasteride, and a hair transplant. I would not waste my time with nizoral or minoxidil if I were you. I even jumped on the athletes foot cream and vag cream band wagon 10 years ago when that was all the rage. I have tried it all and the effects are so marginal to nonexistent that it is not worth the hassle of putting it on your hair, particularly the minoxidil. The nizoral actually does feel nice and the scalp feels nice and clean after, but it is not going to help your hairloss. Use it once every two weeks if you really want to, but you dont have to. Dont believe all the hype on the boards. Its all BS.
Try to get to your 30s before having a transplant because then your pattern of loss will be more clear and the doctor will be able to come up with a more effective plan in terms of donor hair preservation. You might want to start just on finasteride rather than dutasteride, and see if the stops the loss for a few years and then switch to dutasteride if you are not happy. Do not expect any regrowth with either finasteride or dutasteride though. Any regrowth will make zero cosmetic difference. Again, dont believe the hype. dutasteride certainly stopped the loss for me though. I have been on it years. I only use it a couple of times per week these days, you def dont need to use it every day. EOD at most.
I had a hair transplant in my 30s with a 3A pattern, a sizable crown patch, noticeable hairline loss, and the result of my transplant was absolutely as good as I could have reasonably hoped for. I dont use topic or anything anymore, and nobody knows I had hair loss. hair transplants are the only area where there has been progress in the last 10 years. FUE is very good.
Best wishes to you. Dont waste your time going down the hairloss rabbit hole by the way. get on the finasteride/dutasteride, and get on with your life.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have the right idea imo. Ive been through it all and the only stuff worth bothering with is finasteride, dutasteride, and a hair transplant. I would not waste my time with nizoral or minoxidil if I were you. I even jumped on the athletes foot cream and vag cream band wagon 10 years ago when that was all the rage. I have tried it all and the effects are so marginal to nonexistent that it is not worth the hassle of putting it on your hair, particularly the minoxidil. The nizoral actually does feel nice and the scalp feels nice and clean after, but it is not going to help your hairloss. Use it once every two weeks if you really want to, but you dont have to. Dont believe all the hype on the boards. Its all BS.
Try to get to your 30s before having a transplant because then your pattern of loss will be more clear and the doctor will be able to come up with a more effective plan in terms of donor hair preservation. You might want to start just on finasteride rather than dutasteride, and see if the stops the loss for a few years and then switch to dutasteride if you are not happy. Do not expect any regrowth with either finasteride or dutasteride though. Any regrowth will make zero cosmetic difference. Again, dont believe the hype. dutasteride certainly stopped the loss for me though. I have been on it years. I only use it a couple of times per week these days, you def dont need to use it every day. EOD at most.
I had a hair transplant in my 30s with a 3A pattern, a sizable crown patch, noticeable hairline loss, and the result of my transplant was absolutely as good as I could have reasonably hoped for. I dont use topic or anything anymore, and nobody knows I had hair loss. hair transplants are the only area where there has been progress in the last 10 years. FUE is very good.
Best wishes to you. Dont waste your time going down the hairloss rabbit hole by the way. get on the finasteride/dutasteride, and get on with your life.
Agree: wait as long as possible for a hair transplant. Try finasteride before dutasteride. Dont go down the rabbit hole.

Disagree: don’t use anything else besides finasteride/dutasteride and a hair transplant. Obviously those are the two best options if one has to pick 2, but just because other things didnt work for you and I, do not mean they wont work for everyone else.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
T
Thankyou soo much, since i bought the minoxidil already im gonna finish the bottle and then I'll just continue with fina as u suggested, secondly I'm young asf 19y.o so i was hoping to get it after 23-24 beacuse u know college and stuff i dont have any visible crown thinning rn but my dermatologist checked from camera and noticed that my hair are thinning im that region too. Lastly i wanna ask how many grafts were required and from where u got hair transplant done?

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
T

Thankyou soo much, since i bought the minoxidil already im gonna finish the bottle and then I'll just continue with fina as u suggested, secondly I'm young asf 19y.o so i was hoping to get it after 23-24 beacuse u know college and stuff i dont have any visible crown thinning rn but my dermatologist checked from camera and noticed that my hair are thinning im that region too. Lastly i wanna ask how many grafts were required and from where u got hair transplant done?
Hello,
If you do not have visible crown thinning, be strict with finasteride/dutasteride and you should very likely not need a crown hair transplant at the age you are talking of (23-24) and it is much more preferable that you dont.
I had hair loss starting my early 20s too. I remember when I was 22-23 a couple of people commented on my crown around the same time. They happened to see on the top of my head though. My landlady who was putting color streaks in my hair, and a work colleague who was on a walk way directly above me and so could look straight down onto my head.
It wasnt so bad at the time I dont think because it didnt really even register with me really what they were saying. But when I got to my early 30s I realised that it had become very significant.
I have to say, Toppik does a very good job of covering it, fixed with hairspray, and I did that for a few years. But eventually, after probably a couple of hundred hours of reading forums, I bit the bullet and did an hair transplant with Dr Lorenzo of Madrid. I specifically chose FUE over FUT and I specifically avoided American doctors. There are certain reasons why most of them are far more expensive. Also, they were slow to embrace FUE and so are behind the curve compared to others in terms of experience. Although there are one or two who are no doubt very good. Although unjustifiably expensive.
BTW, the hair transplant forums are another rabbit hole, and its a bit of a shady industry. The hair transplant forums are actually sponsored by hair transplant docs and are a marketing vehicle for them, they are not the consumer websites that they present themselves as, so you have to be very discerning when wading through them.
By my mid 30s my crown baldness was around maybe 5 inches wide and 3 inches front to back. My results are comparable to the results on Lorenzos website/youtube channel, where he has many before/afters published. I am very happy with the results, I do not use Toppik anymore, and dont even think about it anymore. Nobody would think I used to have a bald patch or receding hairline. It really is a wonderful solution if you are a decent candidate.
The patch took 2000 grafts. I also had 1200 in my hairline. I still have 6000 grafts left I am told. He told me he doesnt expect ill need another transplant though.
My donor hair was slightly on the thin side in terms of the width of each hair, but I had a reasonable average number of hairs per graft/follicle. I think the average was a bit over 2.5. It cost around 14,000 EUR if I remember correctly. Future hair transplants with him would be cheaper due to the price structure which was something like 4 EUR per graft for the first 1000, then 2.5EUR per graft after that. (I am going from memory but something like that.)

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
If you do not have visible crown thinning, be strict with finasteride/dutasteride and you should very likely not need a crown hair transplant at the age you are talking of (23-24) and it is much more preferable that you dont.
I had hair loss starting my early 20s too. I remember when I was 22-23 a couple of people commented on my crown around the same time. They happened to see on the top of my head though. My landlady who was putting color streaks in my hair, and a work colleague who was on a walk way directly above me and so could look straight down onto my head.
It wasnt so bad at the time I dont think because it didnt really even register with me really what they were saying. But when I got to my early 30s I realised that it had become very significant.
I have to say, Toppik does a very good job of covering it, fixed with hairspray, and I did that for a few years. But eventually, after probably a couple of hundred hours of reading forums, I bit the bullet and did an hair transplant with Dr Lorenzo of Madrid. I specifically chose FUE over FUT and I specifically avoided American doctors. There are certain reasons why most of them are far more expensive. Also, they were slow to embrace FUE and so are behind the curve compared to others in terms of experience. Although there are one or two who are no doubt very good. Although unjustifiably expensive.
BTW, the hair transplant forums are another rabbit hole, and its a bit of a shady industry. The hair transplant forums are actually sponsored by hair transplant docs and are a marketing vehicle for them, they are not the consumer websites that they present themselves as, so you have to be very discerning when wading through them.
By my mid 30s my crown baldness was around maybe 5 inches wide and 3 inches front to back. My results are comparable to the results on Lorenzos website/youtube channel, where he has many before/afters published. I am very happy with the results, I do not use Toppik anymore, and dont even think about it anymore. Nobody would think I used to have a bald patch or receding hairline. It really is a wonderful solution if you are a decent candidate.
The patch took 2000 grafts. I also had 1200 in my hairline. I still have 6000 grafts left I am told. He told me he doesnt expect ill need another transplant though.
My donor hair was slightly on the thin side in terms of the width of each hair, but I had a reasonable average number of hairs per graft/follicle. I think the average was a bit over 2.5. It cost around 14,000 EUR if I remember correctly. Future hair transplants with him would be cheaper due to the price structure which was something like 4 EUR per graft for the first 1000, then 2.5EUR per graft after that. (I am going from memory but something like that.)
Oh that's awesome I'll see through how everything works and and firstly how finasteride reacts with my body if i face some sides or not and i was thinking of dr rahal for hair transplant or dr bhatti and yes from results i prefer fue over fut aswell but since yes my crown is perfectly fine rn i hope it remains like that for long thanks for all suggestions