I Have A Few Ru58841 Questions If You Can Help?

Hairfear

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've read a good bit about RU, and it seems like it works very well, but what I don't understand is whether it does or does not cause similar symptoms to finasteride. I've been on it in the past and had a horrible experience. So basically, does it really work as good, and are there sides?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've read a good bit about RU, and it seems like it works very well, but what I don't understand is whether it does or does not cause similar symptoms to finasteride. I've been on it in the past and had a horrible experience. So basically, does it really work as good, and are there sides?

what was your horrible experience?? I used ru for about 6 months and I could tell I was having a negative reaction (inflammation and increased hair loss). Kind of the same reaction I had with finasteride. I disagree with RU seeming to work really well. We have only anecdotal reports from very, very few long term users. I WOULD NEVER consider RU before finasteride. There is no logic in that. You will be experimenting with a VERY poorly documented, black market compound. In theory it is beautiful, but that's why they are theories, because they are often wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something as complicated as Androgenetic Alopecia.

Hairfear

My Regimen
Reaction score
what was your horrible experience?? I used ru for about 6 months and I could tell I was having a negative reaction (inflammation and increased hair loss). Kind of the same reaction I had with finasteride. I disagree with RU seeming to work really well. We have only anecdotal reports from very, very few long term users. I WOULD NEVER consider RU before finasteride. There is no logic in that. You will be experimenting with a VERY poorly documented, black market compound. In theory it is beautiful, but that's why they are theories, because they are often wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something as complicated as Androgenetic Alopecia.
I developed horribly dry eyes from it. I do believe it was because of the finasteride because I was 18 at the time. I was on it for prostate issues, and I still take medication for my eyes to this day. That issue was and still is the worst t hing I've ever dealt with in my life. You'd think dry eyes is so simple, but it's horrible! So I'm trying so hard to find something else.

Hairfear

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, and this was waaaay before I knew anything about that finasteride sides forum. I literally never once looked it up when I was prescribed. It wasn't for months later that I started getting horrible eye issues that I thought to look at my meds.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

RU user here, I'll chime in.

I've been using RU for about 3 years (on and off, admittedly). Side effects? None that I can think of... or at least none that I noticed.

HOWEVER, I'v experimented with Finasteride in very small doses (0.5mg) once a week for a few months and I *DID* get side effects, most noticeably a major drop in libido and weaker erections. Took about 2-3 months for my junk to start working normally again after quitting finasteride. That sh*t is poison.

Hairfear

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU user here, I'll chime in.

I've been using RU for about 3 years (on and off, admittedly). Side effects? None that I can think of... or at least none that I noticed.

HOWEVER, I'v experimented with Finasteride in very small doses (0.5mg) once a week for a few months and I *DID* get side effects, most noticeably a major drop in libido and weaker erections. Took about 2-3 months for my junk to start working normally again after quitting finasteride. That sh*t is poison.
How well does RU work for you??

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How well does RU work for you??

Well, in the time I wasn't on it, I continued to recede and thin out. Once I hopped back on (along with minoxidil and a ton of other stuff) i've regrown a lot.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, in the time I wasn't on it, I continued to recede and thin out. Once I hopped back on (along with minoxidil and a ton of other stuff) i've regrown a lot.

Sorry you can't take finasteride dude, but the important thing is you tackled your hair loss! Do you put the RU in the minoxidil? I've heard of people doing that. I'm still receding on finasteride and glad to hear it stopped your hairline, now thinking I should add RU to my regime

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry you can't take finasteride dude, but the important thing is you tackled your hair loss! Do you put the RU in the minoxidil? I've heard of people doing that. I'm still receding on finasteride and glad to hear it stopped your hairline, now thinking I should add RU to my regime

No, I apply RU separately.

BaldForLife

Reaction score

Hellouser, I've read other posts of yours on the bald truth forums. How can you possibly know what is working and what is not when you take the kitchen sink approach. From CB, to saw palmetto to minoxidil, your treatments are a basket case. Get off all other treatments, take RU for a year, then come back and post your results. Then I will take you serious.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, I've read other posts of yours on the ********** forums. How can you possibly know what is working and what is not when you take the kitchen sink approach. From CB, to saw palmetto to minoxidil, your treatments are a basket case. Get off all other treatments, take RU for a year, then come back and post your results. Then I will take you serious.

What can I do to get you to take me serious? I need your validation

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, I've read other posts of yours on the ********** forums. How can you possibly know what is working and what is not when you take the kitchen sink approach. From CB, to saw palmetto to minoxidil, your treatments are a basket case. Get off all other treatments, take RU for a year, then come back and post your results. Then I will take you serious.
Right, cause he has to do this so you can take him seriously. Sound a little more entitled....

Do you really think he or anyone else cares what someone else thinks on this forum as long as their treatment works for them. He's done a ton for this community as is.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

You want me to go bald?

BaldForLife

Reaction score
Look, I probably should of worded my point in a nicer way. what I'm trying to say is that Helluser has led a lot of believers to RU because of his initial success which he claimed to be from RU. I have taken the time to read every single post from two exhausting thread dating back 3 years ago on a different site forum. He was been anything but scientific in his treatments and no one bothers to check up on his claims. I'm sorry to ruffle some feathers but someone has to. If he would like to update everyone on his current regiment with durations of each treatment and whether he has maintained, gained, or lost that would be helpful to further prove / disprove ru's effectiveness.

I've been on RU for 4 months and that is the only treatment I'm on so I know exactly what is working and what is not. So far nothing to report on but I'm not going to start jumping on finasteride, saw palmetto, dustasteride, etc because there is no regrowth until a year.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, I probably should of worded my point in a nicer way. what I'm trying to say is that Helluser has led a lot of believers to RU because of his initial success which he claimed to be from RU. I have taken the time to read every single post from two exhausting thread dating back 3 years ago on a different site forum. He was been anything but scientific in his treatments and no one bothers to check up on his claims. I'm sorry to ruffle some feathers but someone has to. If he would like to update everyone on his current regiment with durations of each treatment and whether he has maintained, gained, or lost that would be helpful to further prove / disprove ru's effectiveness.

I've been on RU for 4 months and that is the only treatment I'm on so I know exactly what is working and what is not. So far nothing to report on but I'm not going to start jumping on finasteride, saw palmetto, dustasteride, etc because there is no regrowth until a year.

I'm not going to change my regimen just to please you and risk losing hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

The documentation on finasteride is hardly that good, but to the extent it is we know that the side effect profile is quite bad.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have a question on RU. For those that have used it for long periods >1 year, is it true that if you miss a single application you can lose up to 100 hairs that day?