i have a few questions

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
im 23 NW3. I always hear that u shoudlnt consider surgery until your older incase you go all the way to NW7. This is to apparently make sure you have enough in your donor area to cover what's necessary right?

I'm pretty sure all of my body hair combined along with the hair in my donor area would be enough to fully replace a NW7. Maybe not fully but enough to look normal/thin but acceptable with some concealer.

Is there something i'm missing? whats wrong with embarking on the transplant route at this age. Is there an issue with body hair transplanting that im not aware of? by the way i dont give a f*** if i get scars or anything i'll tattoo that sh*t. i would wear my own pubes on my head proudly if it would work, and i dont see why it woudlnt?

plz bare in mind i dont have a great understanding of the science behind the techniques.

btw. i have already tried propecia (it made my dick fell off) and minoxidil was giving me insane heart palpatations so i really would like to avoid them if possible.

what are my options. basically the entire frontal hairline for me is fucked and woudlnt even need repairing it would need complete reconstruction to look anything like how i want.

eagerly awaiting your responses. i need to get a digital camera and take some pictures of the wasteland on my head.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
well if you cant take finasteride or minoxidil

then getting an hair transplant would be very risky because you will more than likely continue to lose hair

sorry to say but an hair transplant will not be your panacea
because you will more than likely continue to lose more native hair and it will eventually make your hair grafts look very thin and "hair transplant looking"

the point of an hair transplant is to not look like you have had one

i hate to say it but since you arnt able to use maintenance drugs like finasteride and MIN

with getting an hair transplant you wont even be able to shave your head because your scars will be extremely visible

ide hold out for hair cloning being in your shoes

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
thats basically like being given a death sentence. death by f*****g firing squad.

what about sh*t like this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDih4eXPTg

this guy's entire head is made up of body hair. i would be more then happy to have the head of hair this guy has at the end

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
do you think that guys hair looked natural??

it looks weird to me

dude do whatever your going to do
im just saying you may regret getting your hair transplant later down the road

who wants to constantly get body hair hair transplant to make up for lost hair

not to mention you could potentially be spending alot of money to keep an unnaturally looking head of hair

it's your call
these are just my opinions

s.a.f

Reaction score
Good points raised by BD, If you already have a fair degree of hairloss at 23 then its likely you'll go onto suffer from high degree either NW6 or 7.
The best way to predict is to look at your male relatives father, grandfather ect. Anyone having a hair transplant really needs to stay on finasteride. A hair transplant is only a good option for NW6's who have really good donor characteristics and no NW7 should ever consider a hair transplant.

And dont count Body hair as a suitable source for hair transplant. IMO bodyhair is only for people in desperate situations like repair patients. A head full of bodyhair will not look natural. (and it would cost an absolute fortune).