I Have 6 Free Days - Is It Worth Removing My System To Preserve It?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As the title says I have 6 free days during which I can use my backup system. I have to wear a hat with the backup because it’s slightly shorter than the system I usually wear.

I have orders in for two new systems but they won’t arrive until December/January so I’m trying to preserve my good system as much as possible.

it’s only been on for a few days so:

If I remove it now I worry I’ll end up losing more hair than usual during the detachment due to the tape and adhesive still being strongly bonded

if I leave it on then obviously it’s experiencing small wear and tear just by being on.

im usually super careful when I wear - brush twice a day, leave in conditioner and never use products. I do everything I can to keep the system healthy.

what would you do if you were in my position?

thanks!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will save a small amount of wear if its just 6-days, but if possible can you go without a system and just sport a hat - it will give your scalp a break and you can sleep without care?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will save a small amount of wear if its just 6-days, but if possible can you go without a system and just sport a hat - it will give your scalp a break and you can sleep without care?
Thanks for replying.

I decided against it in the end. I’ll lose less hair during detachment if I wait the 6 days and I’ll disrupt the system less if I just leave it on.

I have to be around people so, at best, I can wear my backup system but only if I’m wearing a hat at all times.

not really worth the stress over just 6 days, like you say.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What ruines systems is mainly sun light, clorine (pool), and washing too often with wrong shampoo

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, wearing for 6 days, shortens longevity by 6 days... ( brushing, sleeping, etc..)
you may need to review how you detach because you should not loose much hair if done correctly. Drench your base ( lace???) With alcohol and let sit few a few mins, piece should easily detach, without loosing hair.