I happened to hear that

tortfeasor

Reaction score
dutatersteride or whatever blocks more DHT than proscar...I've been on Proscar for 2 months and have about 2 more months or so before I need a refill...if I ask my Doctor for a dutasteride Rx instead of a proscar will I lose any and all progress...or does the fact that dutasteride does the same thing (and more of it) as proscar mean that i will be at least as well off had I stuck with proscar?

i know i'm supposed to wait a year to see how i react, but i figure if dutasteride does the same and more there would be no reason not to take it.

G

It´s common knowledge that dutasteride is more effective, what´s less known is the side effects. So far they are looking less then expected but <---- read again less then expected.

You don´t know what you are doing to the body once you take out both types of enzymes. finasteride is effective and safe.

G

i know i'm supposed to wait a year to see how i react, but i figure if dutasteride does the same and more there would be no reason not to take it.

There are many reasons! You may be fine you may respond very well, you may have a massive frontal shed that takes months to recover from (if at all). I wouldn't be so blasé about such a powerful medicine like Dutasteride.

dutatersteride or whatever

the fact that you can't even be bothered to cut and paste the correct spelling from somewhere is worrying.

A little research on dutasteride will give you the information you need.

tortfeasor

Reaction score
i'm obviously not blase, otherwise i wouldn't be asking...all i knew before coming here was that it was supposed to stop more dht, nothing beyond that. where can i read about it's side effects?

G

Let me make it simple for you since you don't seem to want to look through this websites wealth of knowledge.

Possible Side Effects of Dutasteride(Simplified)
-Gyno(thats man boobs)
-Sexual dysfunction(thats means problems making the lil guy down there get up)
-Watery semen

...Basically the same side effects as Finasteride except the rate of occurance could be higher since it obliterates DHT by somthing like ~90%.

If you want more specific info, just search for it.

tortfeasor

Reaction score
i appreciate the help, i'm working on a paper so don't have time to search right now...i had been looking over the site tho. i've had not sexual side effects from finasteride but i think i MAY be retaining more fat (maybe water) in my chest (haven't been able to work out as much as usual so don't know if its a side effect). there is no tenderness/lumps...could this be gyno? if it is, does it go away after the body adjusts to finasteride?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tortfeasor said:
Has it been approved by the FDA? What kind of side effects is it known for?

it's FDA approved for prostate cancer not male pattern baldness

G

gonna_win said:
tortfeasor said:
Has it been approved by the FDA? What kind of side effects is it known for?

it's FDA approved for prostate cancer not male pattern baldness

it's FDA approved for Benign prostatic hyperplasia not prostate cancer

G

badasshairday said:
Let me make it simple for you since you don't seem to want to look through this websites wealth of knowledge.

Possible Side Effects of Dutasteride(Simplified)
-Gyno(thats man boobs)
-Sexual dysfunction(thats means problems making the lil guy down there get up)
-Watery semen

...Basically the same side effects as Finasteride except the rate of occurance could be higher since it obliterates DHT by somthing like ~90%.

Above statement just isn´t true. We don´t know where those receptors are, what genes are turned of or on and what the side effects may be. Anti-androgens are proven to be cancerogenic.

Basiclly right now with finasteride we are treating a non disease with a systemic drug that could offset your entire hormone system long term. The big three is taken way to lightly in here.

Minoxidil has shown to increase heartsize - NOT GOOD.
nizoral will disturb the natural scalp flora and overdosed it will damage your scalp (not long term though).
finasteride has way to many possible side effects to list.
dutasteride - that´s uncharted teritory.

G

nesta said:
Minoxidil has shown to increase heartsize - NOT GOOD.
nizoral will disturb the natural scalp flora and overdosed it will damage your scalp (not long term though).
finasteride has way to many possible side effects to list.
dutasteride - that´s uncharted teritory.

Has Topical minoxidil been shown to increase heart size ?

Will the disruption caused by Nizoral to scalp flora be worse for the scalp than the underlying condition it is treating ?

The vast majority of finasteride users will suffer no side effects. although the point about long term hormonal issues is a good one.

Dutasteride is likely to have more side effects than finasteride

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Topical minoxidil increases heartsize? where are these people getting this stuff from

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we would have heard something of increasing heart size from someone else than some lunatic on this site if it were to be true.

How can a topical react with the heart??? That doesn't make sense to me.

For me it's like saying that washing your hands with a certain kind of soap makes your kidney to decrease in size.

Try and say the above sentence to yourself... Yes, it makes you laugh doesn't it? Well the heart thing should too...

iseras

Reaction score
Nesta, you basically completely dismissed every single treatment available right now as seriously dangerous, all of which have been FDA approved for years. It's posts like these that kept me off treatments for the longest time.