I had my last hair transplant procedure probably 12 years ago

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and still i have blood in my pillow sometimes, and scabs forming. I hope nobody ever gets a bad hair transplant like I had. Thank god for Dr. Bernstein, he at least made me look semi presentable, but said I am a lost cause.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Blood and scabs 12 years later sounds weird. What is your story?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had plugs put in starting when I was about 21 year old, the bad, obvious type. many of them didn't take so I used up my entire donor supply on a tiny portion of my head. I had corrective surgery done by Dr. Bernstein and it looks a lot better, but I have no more donor area for any future hair transplant. That's my story. And my donor area still scabs up, all these years later.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Got any pics up of how it looks?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
I had plugs put in starting when I was about 21 year old, the bad, obvious type. many of them didn't take so I used up my entire donor supply on a tiny portion of my head. I had corrective surgery done by Dr. Bernstein and it looks a lot better, but I have no more donor area for any future hair transplant. That's my story. And my donor area still scabs up, all these years later.

Scabs in donor area?! Never heard that before. Why does that happen?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen some fantastic results from Dr Umar using BHT. I'd think its at least worth a consult if you want more coverage.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
I have seen some fantastic results from Dr Umar using BHT. I'd think its at least worth a consult if you want more coverage.

Ditto, he's done some downright amazing things with body hair for people who had virtually zero donor hair (scalp) left.

CCS

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:

Yeah, I hope I don't regret my laser hair removal later. But I doubt I'll have the money for BHT anyway, and I'm not convinced the donor area won't have scars.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Yeah, I hope I don't regret my laser hair removal later. But I doubt I'll have the money for BHT anyway, and I'm not convinced the donor area won't have scars.

BHT is a marvellous advancement in suitable patients.
I did not notice any scarring. If in doubt, you can always go for a test session.

disco_stu

Reaction score
BHT possibly could be a viable option for those without any donor hair; however, it's still experimental. Talk with any of the top surgeons in the United States and top Dermatologists and they all will agree with this statement.

Are you aware of the controversial BHT surgery performed by Dr. Cole on some poor fellow that went horribly wrong?

That poor fellow even posted a blog about his horrible surgery. Read all about it and then decide if BHT is right for you:

http://hairfraud.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
disco_stu said:
BHT possibly could be a viable option for those without any donor hair; however, it's still experimental. Talk with any of the top surgeons in the United States and top Dermatologists and they all will agree with this statement.

Are you aware of the controversial BHT surgery performed by Dr. Cole on some poor fellow that went horribly wrong?

That poor fellow even posted a blog about his horrible surgery. Read all about it and then decide if BHT is right for you:

http://hairfraud.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

I noticed you have posted links about the blogger and cole on other forums, also a poster thinks you are actually Foxnews.

Look at this link

disco_stu

Reaction score
I am not foxnews. The forum moderator at HLA knows this. Foxnews posted my comments as his own.

It's unethical to moderate these forums in such a way that the financial relationships between the site owners and doctors prevent the public from knowing the gamut of opinions/information about the doctors.

All this is public knowledge available online.

The public needs to be aware of the controversy surrounding a physician. Knowing this information, one can evaluate a physician's ethics.

I can't post these comments on one particular site because the forum moderator deletes all of them. Why is this? Is there a financial relationship between the site owner and the physician.

There are no negative posts about Dr. Cole's work on that particular site. Instead, users post nothing but mellifluous praise for Dr. Cole. I posted a comment with a link to a government document stating why a physician who used to work for Cole had his license revoked. This post was removed.

This is unethical. The public needs to be aware of this before deciding to move forward with any physician.