I had an experience with Finasteride

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a story to tell, an experience I had with Finasteride.

I started Finasteride 10 months ago. I didn't really notice any side-effects until I brought home a lady from the bar and I accually didn't feel like doing a move on her. I thought this was a bit scary. I usually don't bring home girls and then can't be arsed to make a move on them... So we slept in the same bed, said good bye the next morning and that was it.

I keept partying alot, like I always have. I noticed that the urge to F**k girls just wasn't there anymore. Well, I am 24 now, it's probably the age. Life is about more then chasing girls. Time went by and I got to know alot girl friends, which I never been able to have before, because someone would always try to make a move on the other.

Well, it's nice to be able to have girl friends. Anyway I admitted that the Finasteride probably had an effect on my libido, but who cares? It feels nice to not feel sexually frustrated all the time(i'm single).

I also noticed that partying was more boring then before, I always went home to bed before the bar closed and I accually had a really boring time at the bar, but hey.. I'm 24 now. It's probably the age..

Lately I have been feeling kind of lonely because I stay home alot or at work. Anyway I decided that I would cut Finasteride to half a dose, from 1.25mg/day to 0.625mg/day.

After a couple of days I noticed some scary things. A lot of those sides that people are talking about.. It appeared to me that I have accually been experiencing them as well, without even noticing until now!

The proofs just piled up, one after another. Here's just a few examples:
* I was hangnig out with a girlfriend which I never had any sexual attraction to. Today I felt like f***ing the sh*t out of her. I really had to grab a hold onto myself.
* I did a better workout at the gym then I have done in the past 10 months. I just feelt soo aggressive!
* I feel so happy, I just love life and myself and what I'm working with. I feel proud as hell.
* I feel horny as hell, I even feel my prostate beat when i'm horny(which I did before I started finasteride). I also feel an great urge to f*** girls, every girl I pass by. I really think about how I can make contact with them
* I socialize alot more, and in a much manlier way, making manly jokes and "beating guys on the shoulders" kind of way. Yeah it's not very mature, but it's the way I were before I started finasteride.
* Yesterday my sperms was so thick it almost got stuck in the penis ;P
* Damn, I just feel that my energy is at the top, I feel as a young stud again! :D

This is so awsome that I came to this conclusion. Damn, finasteride aint worth me loosing my alpha male personality like that. Several friends noticed a great change in my personalty and I just blamed the age..

Altough, NOTICE that I did not STOP on finasteride, I only lowered the dose from 1.25mg/day to 0.625mg/day. I know alot of people say that the difference in efficiency is unnoticable, so can anyone explain this experience I had?

Btw, I been on 0.625mg/day for 6 days now.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's really interesting. I've been on it for 7 years. I kind of want to lower the dose to .5 to see what happens. I'm having the same kind of issues right now.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Cool story bro. What does the whole story about wanting to have sex with girls and going to bars have to do your hair loss though?

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a placebo effect. Reducing your dosage from 1.25mg to 0.625mg will not affect DHT levels that much. Even 0.25mg is as effective as 1mg.

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Cool story bro. What does the whole story about wanting to have sex with girls and going to bars have to do your hair loss though?

It has everything to do with Finasteride which has everything to do with hair loss, though?

Mestys said:
Sounds like a placebo effect. Reducing your dosage from 1.25mg to 0.625mg will not affect DHT levels that much. Even 0.25mg is as effective as 1mg.

Yeah, I heard that rumour alot, and I knew it before I lowered the dose. I did'nt expect to feel any difference but as stated, the evidence just piled up. Where is the study that explains that 0.25mg is as effective as 1mg? I really want to look into it..

Edit:
I found a study:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-p ... -doses.pdf
Here it says that 0.2mg is almost as effective as 1.0mg.

It didn't say much about how it fluctuated from week to week.

Another thing to have in mind is that I accually switched dosage. All of the people in this study were having the same dosage from the start until the measure at the 6/12month-mark.

In the study present the median result. How much did the result fluctuate between persons?

I guess the best way to find out would be to do a study on myself. But I don't have the money to do regular DHT-tests currently.. Neither do I like to use myself as a lab-rat..

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
great story, thanks for sharing!

I have a story similar to this however i did not cut my dosage in half. I tried taking it EOD and then finally quit finasteride. feeling close to 100% and loving it :)

keep us posted with how it all goes